It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Plain Java Client incompatibility

Ghyslain Cloutier (1112) | asked Mar 08 '16, 9:38 p.m.
Hi,

We've just upgraded RTC server from 6.0 to 6.0.1. We've developed custom tooling based on Plain Java Client library 6.0. When running our custom tool, we get the following message "Caused by: com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: CRJAZ1241W The following model has a version mismatch: com.ibm.team.scm. The server version is 0.48 and the client version is 0.47. The client and server version must match. To check the overall version of the client, click Help > About and verify that the client is compatible with server version 6.0.1 and build ID RJF-I20151106-1823".

Is there a parameter or variable that allows backward compatibility ?

Regards,
Ghyslain

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 09 '16, 5:28 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
In general it should be possible to use a 6.0.0 Plain Java Client Libraries against a 6.0.1 server. See https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2013/07/09/new-version-and-now-experiences-with-sdk-and-plain-java-api-across-tool-versions/

I just did exactly that and it works for me. Please make sure that you have actually downloaded the plain Java Client Libraries for 6.0 and set it up to be included in the classpath as well. Make sure not to have the plain java client libraries for a 4.x or 3.x to be in the classpath.

permanent link
Oscar Picasso (311420) | answered Mar 09 '16, 9:14 a.m.
 Hi,

I am working on the issue raised by Ghyslain.

The error happens when calling the method
IWorkspaceConnection com.ibm.team.scm.client.IWorkspaceManager.createStream(IProcessAreaHandle arg0, String arg1, String arg2, IProgressMonitor arg3) throws TeamRepositoryException

Is there a way to tell IWorkspaceManager not to check for the server version.

Furthermore, the error message tells "The server version is 0.48 and the client version is 0.47." What is the related RTC server version (4.x.x, 5.x.x or 6.x.x) corresponding to 0.47 ? 

Finally the application worked correctly with RTC server 6.0. If we had a library 4.x or 3.x in the classpath should not the error have already appeared when working with RTC server 6.0 ?

Regard
Òscar

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 09 '16, 9:41 a.m. | edited Mar 09 '16, 9:47 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This is very strange, really. If you try a 6.0 client against say a 4.0.3 server the error message shows the correct version numbers and not the numbers 0.48/0.47. So I can't really tell which versions the above ones correspond to. (Might be internal SCM metamodel versions).

The API checks if it can run, so I don't think you can do anything about this.

PS: I create a stream when setting up the RTC Extensions workspace. I likely use the same or a similar API. If I run it with a matching version 6.0 against 6.0 6.0.1 against 6.0.1 the stream creation works. Maybe there s something else wrong in your call that causes this odd message?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.