It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why are approval reminder emails being still sent after the work items have been approved?

Corey Jacobs (642439) | asked Mar 08 '16, 7:36 p.m.
We are currently on RTC 4.0.6.  We have a number of users complaining of receiving overdue approval notification emails, even though they were long ago approved.  Any way to stop these emails?  I checked the Approval Reminder Notification Send Interval (seconds) in the advanced server properties and noticed it was set to the default value (86400).

Overdue 'Review' request: 'Test changes' (work item 89077)

1:55 PM

Web UI: https://blah:9446/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem

Id:            89077
Type:          Task
Summary:       Repair or update T
Team Area:    
Filed Against: GNM

The 'Review' request 'Test changes' is overdue since Jan 31, 2016 9:00 AM

Comments
Andrés Guerrero commented Jun 16 '16, 2:56 a.m.

Hi Corey,

I have a simmilar problem. Do you solved this?

Regards

Accepted answer

permanent link
Erik Willems (2611) | answered Feb 27 '19, 4:59 a.m.

We're seeing the same thing and indeed it is coming from the staging environment as Alexandre described.
Staging environment is running an older backup to prepare for an upgrade.
According to the staging area, several items are past their due date so it starts mailing people.

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Alexandre Stegani (8664) | answered Jun 16 '16, 5:04 p.m.
I've seen similar behavior before where the notifications were being sent from a test/staging server and not from the actual production server. I'd suggest checking if this is your case.

Comments
Donna Thomas commented Jul 24 '17, 9:24 a.m.

We are using 6.0.1 iFix 12 on our production server and we experience this occasionally as well. We've had the approval approved, rejected, removed, and even the entire work item removed. Still the email persists.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.