It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to share Query between project areas in the same ccm?

Aparna Sukumaran (333660) | asked Mar 08 '16, 11:29 a.m.
How to share Query between project areas in the same ccm. I tried the association but it didn't work.

is there any other way to share queries between CCM project areas?

Accepted answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Mar 14 '16, 5:47 p.m.
I was able to take one of My queries, make it shared (add to predefined query list), and then share the process area of this project, and use the shared project area from another project and the my query was in the predefined list.

so, process sharing does work for queries.

the only other way, is manually.. copy the shared query source from the process config source on project 1, and paste it into the process config source one project 2.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Martin Hoffmann commented May 03 '16, 4:46 a.m. | edited May 03 '16, 8:57 p.m.

Well, but how can I share a newly created query to all existing project areas? 

I added it to the Shared Queries folder but it isn't deployed automatically into all project areas already using the process configuration from my master project.

Donald Nong commented May 03 '16, 8:59 p.m.

You can't do it this way. You're sharing the process, not the project area itself. So you need to add the query to the Predefined Query List in the Process Configuration. Read Sam's answer carefully.

2 other answers

permanent link
Gabriel Enriquez (3463) | answered Mar 08 '16, 12:51 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Aparna,

Could you please elaborate the reason "the association" didn't work? Based on that, we could either fix it through a defect or make it better with an enhancement.

Thanks.

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Mar 08 '16, 9:40 p.m.
Hi, Aparna

This does not seem to be possible currently, see the existing RFE:
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=318474

although there is some suggestion here may help:
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/101062/how-to-share-my-created-query-across-different-project

Thanks

Comments
Aparna Sukumaran commented Mar 14 '16, 5:07 p.m.

I checked the suggestions, in that

The following elements are not inherited:

• Administrators
  • Members and their role assignments
  • Process description
  • Project area artifacts, such as work items, queries, plans, plan views, reports, test cases, and files under source control
  • Project area links
  • Releases
  • Timelines and iterations
  • Work item category associations (applies to Change and Configuration Management and Quality Management only)

https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.jazz.platform.doc/topics/c_sharing_project_area_process.html&scope=null

Existing Queries in the Predefined Queries list cannot be shared with other project areas after setting up the inheritance. Do you have any other suggestions for this.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Mar 14 '16, 7:48 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The on-line help is incorrect (see defect The sharing process documentation incorrectly states that queries are not shared (386011) ).
This has been fixed in RTC-6.0.2.

sam detweiler commented Mar 14 '16, 11:39 p.m.

I did do my test on 6.0.1 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.