It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DB2 Move from Windows to Aix

Adriano Fanelli (2322929) | asked Mar 08 '16, 5:39 a.m.
Hello folks,
I want to move a CLM repository from Windows 2008 server to AIX system.
On the Windows CLM repository the database is DB2 and Tomcat as application server. I have already installed CLM on AIX and WebSphere as application server. The URI will change from Windows repository to AIX one.

My doubt is related to db2 which of these two scenario is the correct/suggested one:
scenario 1
1) db2move export from Windows db2
2) create empty db ccm, jts, qm, rm, dw
3) use repotools-xxx -createTables for tablespace CONTENTTS
4) then import from the db2move export

scenario 2
1) db2move export from Windows db2
2) create empty db ccm, jts, qm, rm, dw
3) run db2look to create the ddl files and execute the ddl using db2 -t -f 
4) then import from the db2move export

Thanks in advance for suggestions
Regards
Adriano

3 answers

permanent link
Adriano Fanelli (2322929) | answered Mar 08 '16, 10:36 a.m.
Hi Arun,
            perhaps my question is not clear enough ... I try to explain it better ...
If I want to convert a DB2 Database from a Windows into an AIX as far I understand I must use the db2move
utility because the supported platforms for DB2 backup and restore operations can be grouped into one of three families: Big-endian Linux and UNIX, Little-endian Linux and UNIX and Windows so I cannot just Backup/Restore
In situations where certain backup and restore combinations are not allowed, you can move tables between DB2 databases using other methods: db2move command.
But before I import the db2move I need to create an EMPTY database and then create the JAZZ DB (JTS or CCM or QM ... DW)  Structure. My question is : How should I create the JAZZ DB Structure?
Using the JAZZ Repotool or run the DDLs script produced by the db2look utility?
Regards,
Adriano

permanent link
Adriano Fanelli (2322929) | answered Mar 08 '16, 9:43 a.m.
Hi Arun,
            Yes ... of course I'll follow the DB2 instruction to move from2 different platform but my question is
related to the DB Structure ... should I use the repotools to create the DB Structure or us the ddl script produced by the  db2look ?

Regards,
Adriano

Comments
Arun K Sriramaiah commented Mar 08 '16, 9:59 a.m.

Hi Adriano,

I think you should not be using anything wrt repotools command for database backup and restore.

Note: Please use the DB tools for migration ( the procedure is not different for CLM its database specific activities).

you can check the migration link for CLM specific, as per my above answer.

Regards,
Arun.

permanent link
Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k13177) | answered Mar 08 '16, 9:00 a.m.
Hi Adriano,

You should use the proxy server in place to maintain all applications keep the same public URI after migrating applications to different server hosts.

Please find the links below.

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/172505/how-to-move-from-single-server-to-distributed-environment

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/MigratingCLMToANewEnvironment

Regards,
Arun.

Comments
Adriano Fanelli commented Mar 08 '16, 9:26 a.m. | edited Mar 10 '16, 8:48 a.m.

Hello Arun,
                thanks for your replay ... Regarding the URI we have decided to do a RENAME from the actual URI to the new one.
But the most important for me is to understand with of the 2 scenarios I have described in my question is the most correct to do ... I am referring to the DB2 Conversion from DB2 Windows to DB2 AIX structure
(db2move + repotools or db2move + db2look (ddl) ) .
Thanks, Adriano

Arun K Sriramaiah commented Mar 08 '16, 9:36 a.m.

Hi Adriano,

I think you have to follow the DB2 instructions for migration between two different platforms ( between windows to AIX). Please follow the DB2 migration knowledge center.

Regards,
Arun.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.