It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to rename a DOORS Next Generation project area properly?

Andrew Clement (7271869) | asked Mar 07 '16, 10:25 p.m.
I am using DOORS Next Generation 6.0.
I tried to rename one of project areas:
1. click on Settings -> Manage this Project Area
2. in the heading, change the name and save

I found that the new name does not reflect at top of the page next to the logged-in username. It still shows old name.
What additional steps do I need to take to change it?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Howard Hsiao (5.5k17) | answered Mar 07 '16, 10:31 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
From the steps that you have taken, you have changed the name of the project area.

The name at top of the page next to the logged-in username is the name of the default stream for this project area.
By default, the name of the default stream is set to be the same as the name of the project area at creation time.

Is configuration management enabled for this project? 
If configuration management has NOT been enabled for this project, then it is not possible to change the name of the default stream.
If it is enabled, then you can change the name of the stream by using "Manage Configuration" to change the name of streams. 

However, there are some considerations before you enable configuration management.
Note: If you are using third party integration, you need to check if it works with configuration management enabled DOORS Next Generation projects.

One example of the third party integration is Tasktop Sync (Rational Lifecycle Integration Adapters).
Current version of Tasktop Sync does not work with configuration management enabled project areas.
Andrew Clement selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Rohit Balduwa (945411) | answered Mar 08 '16, 12:40 a.m.
Hi Andrew

I did the following tests and see the new PA name reflecting for the other users:

You can test it again by changing the Project name from the below location(example login id: clmadmin):
1) Move to the click on Settings -> Manage this Project Area and in the heading change the Project name.
2) Move to the dashboard page( web page) of the PA and change the PA name to the new name here also.
Important catch is the name should be same in both locations and don't include a space in the end of PA.
3) Test login with a other user( clmadmin1).

I also verified the associations and they are also reflecting the new PA name now.

Would suggest you test this in a test setup.

If this answers your question please mark it as accepted.

Regards,
Rohit

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.