It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to make larger the Description field of a Work Item

Pascal Jean (6012740) | asked Mar 07 '16, 11:23 a.m.

Hello,

This is a customization question on CLM-RTC 6.0.

We have a custom Work Item from where I would like to increase the size of the Description field.

When look in at the WI in the web interface, there is a lot of spaces “lost” in the right of the field.

My question:

How to make it bigger / larger? Is it possible?

I look at the Edition presentation, but there is no evident option to make this filed larger 

I didn’t find in the on-line help a good example how to do that.

Do you know any good documentation explain how to update such fields?

I found these two but they don't exactly answer the question

Request for Steps to customize the Description field of our RTC:

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/120924/request-for-steps-to-customize-the-description-field-of-our-rtc

Work item editor presentations:

https://jazz.net/library/article/130#overview-layout

Thank you in advance
Pascal Jean

3 answers

permanent link
Pascal Jean (6012740) | answered Mar 08 '16, 3:07 a.m.
Hello,
Thank you both to answered the question. In fact I made a type. I was speaking about the  left space (not the right space) near the description.

From what you wrote above, I understand the size can't be changed.
Can you just confirm this.
Thank you in advance
Pascal Jean

Comments
Donald Nong commented Mar 08 '16, 7:11 p.m. | edited Mar 08 '16, 7:11 p.m.

I don't see any lost space on the left either. The width of the Description field is already 100% (within the table). If possible, you can only make it smaller, so I don't see the point.

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Mar 07 '16, 7:59 p.m.
The Description field already goes as far right as it can go, and there is no space "lost". The space to the right of the Description field is actually under the Quick Information slot which grows downwards unbounded depending the amount of contents in the Quick Information field.

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Mar 07 '16, 11:32 a.m.
the field is a fixed size. you could add ANOTHER field, but it cannot be the Description field.. there are lots of hard coded behaviors for the default fields.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.