It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Missing data in LQE for CCM Project Areas that share the process of another project area??

Thomas Kirstätter (181619) | asked Mar 07 '16, 9:56 a.m.
edited Mar 07 '16, 4:06 p.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)
Hello,
I have some issue with JRS:
I have a project area (PA2) that shares the process of another project area 1 (PA1).

I have created a JRS report based on JRS 6.0.1 with data source LQE (not LQE using configurations).
The following happens:
I create Query for a specific custom WI Type we created and set a condition for a custom enumeration attribute inserted.
But JRS does only show me the attribute selection for PA1.
In comparison, for a system attribute like "Filed against" the  Condition dialogue shows all option for each of the Project Areas.

Is there a problem in JRS to use custom attribute values in conditions if a project area shares the process of another project area???

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kevin Cornell (5411) | answered Mar 08 '16, 9:08 a.m.
After you created project PA2, did you refresh the LQE data source in Report Builder? The artifact types, attributes and possible enumeration values are all determined during meta-data loading of the data source in Report Builder and then cached in memory. When you create a new project, create a new type in an existing project or create new properties (or enumerations) in existing projects, you are effectively changing the meta-data that RB requires.

As a Report Builder manager/administrator, open the corresponding LQE data source editor (in the report editor, select the LQE data source and then click on its link in the Choose report type section). In the data source editor, first click Test Connection to ensure LQE is running and responding to queries. Then click the Refresh button (beside the Save button). This instructs RB to reload the meta-data for that data source.

If this does not work, please open a defect and provide more specific instructions on how you are creating the RTC projects and the steps performed in Report Builder to create the report. Add screen shots of what you are seeing the the limit scope section and the conditions dialog of RB.
Thomas Kirstätter selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Thomas Kirstätter commented Mar 09 '16, 2:29 a.m.

Hello Kevin,

thank you so much for your help. That actually did the trick!!!
We still have so much to learn about handling JRS and all the datasources.
So in general my takeaways:
Wth every Project Area that gets created or with every template modification, such a refresh should be done to be sure that all the changes are reflected completely in LQE.
Is the same true for Data Warehouse?

Kevin Cornell commented Mar 09 '16, 8:46 a.m.

When you create new projects or add new types or properties to an existing project, the corresponding meta-data is published (in about a minute or so) to LQE. After that time interval you can refresh the LQE data source in Report Builder to get the latest meta-data.

With the Data Warehouse, the updating of the DW database depends on the schedule for running the ETL jobs in DCC. You have to wait until those jobs run before the new meta-data is stored in the DW. A DW data source refresh in Report Builder will find new custom attributes and new project areas, so it is always a good idea to do a refresh.

However, Report Builder has a background job that runs twice a day which automatically performs a refresh of all data sources, so you only need to do a manual refresh of the data source if you want to see the new meta-data immediately.

One other answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Mar 07 '16, 4:11 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
That sounds like a bug to me.   I'd suggest submitting a PMR to IBM support, or creating a jazz.net Defect work item.

Comments
Thomas Kirstätter commented Mar 08 '16, 2:32 a.m.

Hi Geoff,
I created a PMR.
If a Workitem is created based on this, I will post the link here.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.