It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC (4.05) and Jenkins, how to get automated builds working

paul nusbaum (1349) | asked Mar 03 '16, 12:58 p.m.
We are currently (ie. still :)) using RTC 4.0.5 - although hoping to upgrade right to 6.0.1 in the near future.

Using the Jenkins build tool and RTC 4.0.5, we have been able to set up a successful connection between the tools and manually start a build from an RTC workspace.

However, we have been unable to get automated builds working (on delivery/new baseline to the component for example).

We have noticed the associated workspace doesn't update the component's baseline automatically and wondering if this is somehow related. Although the "accept latest changes before loading" option is being used, obviously something we are doing is not having the intended effect to kick off the builds automatically.

Has anyone had experience there and possibly experienced issues similar to this that you could share with me?

2 answers

permanent link
paul nusbaum (1349) | answered Mar 10 '16, 10:01 a.m.
Thanks - I haven't been able to load the links to the scripts. I will talk to the original posters and see if there is an updated location.

Comments
sam detweiler commented Mar 10 '16, 10:11 a.m. | edited Mar 10 '16, 10:15 a.m.

I just checked mine (Deliverhook) and it works correctly

And so does Jorge's

http://jorgediazblog.wordpress.com/2013/01/24/rtc-build-on-deliver-participant/

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Mar 03 '16, 1:46 p.m.
edited Mar 03 '16, 2:37 p.m.
there is no automated build triggering.. this is a long time problem..

see this topic for a couple plugins that can provide the automation.  last two posts
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/132739/jenkins-polling-is-too-slow-can-rtc-notify-jenkins-immediately

1 does builds from the build definition perspective, which could start a build in jenkins too.
1 (mine) enables Jenkins builds by providing the ability to execute a script to start the jenkins job, like git/svn do.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.