It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 6.0.1 is not updating my conditional script in the web client

Rafael Rodriguez Montes (23013126247) | asked Mar 02 '16, 11:21 a.m.
Hello,
I been updating my script using the eclipse client, I save it and then when I open the web client and I use the browser debug tool (F12) it seems like is using an old version of my script and not the updated one that I been working on it, I'm using websphere 8.5.5.8 and I have cleaned all temp files and it still running my old script.

Comments
Donald Nong commented Mar 02 '16, 8:23 p.m.

If you access directly to the JavaScript resource in the browser, do you get the up-to-date version or the old version? How about using a different browser?

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Mar 03 '16, 3:39 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You have to refresh the Browser, at least using CTRL+F5. You should close all work items and open a new one after an update to the script. Check the log files and, as suggested add console log statements if in doubt. Please note, that conditions might be run in a different context compared to calculated values. So debugging and logging might work differently. I remember I had a hard time back then, but I haven't looked at it recently.

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Mar 03 '16, 2:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Mar 03 '16, 2:53 a.m.
what about the effect of the script within eclipse client?.. when the work item is viewed in the eclipse client, does the changed script functionality show up!

i would add some debug statements "console.log" and view the workspace/.metatdata/.log file for the updated print output..

second thing i would try is to switch to some default code and see if starts to reflects on web...
and if it does reflect on web with default code, you may have to review your code..

start adding your code slowly till it stops refreshing... there may be a specific construct or import statement that does not go well with web client...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.