It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

oslc_config.context missing while requesting tool-tip data from our configuration enabled application

Saqib Niaz (71723) | asked Mar 02 '16, 5:53 a.m.
I have integrated my configuration enabled application with jazz.
I am added a stream from my application to globalConfig Stream.
In QM application, I am able to add artifact from my application to Requirements Collection Links.
Upon clicking +, the jazz application sends the oslc_config.context to my application.

When I hover over my artifact, jazz requests smallPreview or largePreview from our application (to show in small tool-tip window), it doesn't send the oslc_config.context to our application. In that case our application can't resolve the configurationContext.

But if i click on my artifact name, a new windows opens and it contains the proper link with oslc_config.context.

I have set these parameters in my serviceProvider rdf.
    globalConfigruationAware = "yes";
    supportLinkDiscoveryViaOSLCQueries = true;
    supportContributionsToLinkIndexProvider = true;
    supportLinkDiscoveryViaLinkIndexProvider = true;

What could be the problem that jazz is not sending oslc_config.context while requesting tool-tip data for our artifact?

Comments
Donald Nong commented Mar 02 '16, 11:53 p.m. | edited Mar 03 '16, 6:51 p.m.

Does the request URL contains a parameter called "vvc.configuration"? It should have the same value as "oslc_config.context ". It appears that RDNG uses both "oslc_config.context" and "vvc.configuration" for the same thing in different use cases. But it is not well documented.

Saqib Niaz commented Mar 03 '16, 5:26 a.m.

No we are not receiving vvc.configuration.

Just want to mention again that if I hover over the artifact, it shows the correct link in browser bottom including oslc_config.context.
But the request that jazz sends to our server (for tool-tip data) doesn't contains the oslc_config.context or vvc.configuration.

Donald Nong commented Mar 03 '16, 6:58 p.m.

Convert my answer to a comment so that this post stays unanswered, and attracts attention.

It may have something to do how you integrate your own application with Jazz/CLM. One thing you can check is whether the link (to your application) stored in the Jazz artifacts contains any context configuration at all. You can also find out where the context configuration (that you see at the status bar) comes from using network trace. Other than that, maybe you should contact Support so that an SME can examine your system directly.

ian green commented Mar 15 '16, 7:24 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

vvc.configuration is private to the DNG implementation and is not for use on the public API.  It is intentionally undocumented.

Always use oslc_config.context and/or Configuration-Context, as per the OSLC specification.

2 answers

permanent link
Saqib Niaz (71723) | answered Mar 09 '16, 4:53 a.m.
edited Feb 22 '17, 9:55 a.m.

According to the OSLC config resources specifications, in response to "application/x-oslc-compact+xml" request to my RM provider, I was supposed to send back configuration context along with the largePreview and smallPreview URIs. Now, I am sending back the required configuration links along with small and largePreview links. 

The problem is fixed.

permanent link
Lonnie VanZandt (88517) | answered Feb 12 '17, 4:19 p.m.

In response to @ian's advice, what I have observed is that I get better results when vvc.configuration is included in the headers and generally poor or unexpected results when it is absent.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.