It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Issue applying CSS to WebUI iframes

Green Elk (1319) | asked Mar 01 '16, 9:37 a.m.
 We've written some css to theme the RTC webui, though it doesn't appear to take effect in the iframes (like work item summary pop-up windows) - anything i can do about this ? If not, is it a limitation or bug?
regards
John

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Mar 01 '16, 10:57 p.m.
If you check the page source, you should know why.

The summary pop-up window has a complete HTML source and has its own styles in the <head> section. Some styles even have the "!important" tag and I see no way to override them (they are loaded last and has this tag, so they take precedence).

Comments
Green Elk commented Mar 02 '16, 3:44 a.m. | edited Mar 02 '16, 3:44 a.m.

Hi Donald,

Yes - I had looked at the source and kind of figured that out, but was unsure as to how that html was generated. If it's just hard-coded in the server, then i'd say this is eitherĀ a limitation or a bug. My specific issue is with wiki markup - tables rendered from wiki markup don't have borders by default - this is also i bug i think, though one i'd (only partially) solved using theme support.
thanks
John

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.