It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"Tested by Test Case" and other links cannot be added to a story

Pat McCabe (112) | asked Feb 29 '16, 12:05 p.m.
edited Mar 28 '16, 4:33 p.m. by Lisa Frankel (5462)
Hi,

I am trying to add links to stories in RTC and only a small subset of all stories will appear. I particularly want to add in "Tested by Test case" but it appears there are others that wont appear as when I turn all of them on in the Presentation Editor only a subset of about 12 appear.

I am using RTC client version 5.0.2 and running Windows 7.

Has anyone seen this issue?

Many thanks.

-Pat.

Comments
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Feb 29 '16, 12:22 p.m.

hi Pat,
It is dificult to understand when you do not see this link. Can you provide a screen snapshot?

Pat McCabe commented Feb 29 '16, 12:43 p.m. | edited Mar 01 '16, 11:49 p.m.

Hi Krzysztof,

Below is a screen shot of the links that I have enabled to be shown in the "Links" section of a story. As you can see everything is selected

Below that is another screen shot of what actually appears in RTC.

So if you open up a story in RTC and click on the links tab. In the links area of the window you can click a drop down arrow "Add". All of the possible links should appear in here. However only the subset below appears.

Which is just a small subset of the full set of links I would like to see in the drop down.

Thanks for looking at this. If you need any more information let me know,

Regards,

-Pat.

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Mar 02 '16, 12:27 a.m.
Hi, Pat

The reason you did not see some link type like "tested by test case" and more is because your RTC project area is a standalone project and not associated with any QM or RM project areas. Once you associate your RTC project with qm and/or rm project(s), you will see the relevant link type. For example, 'Tested by Test Case' means you will associate your story workitem with a test case. Until your RTC project area associated with the target QM project, that option will show up as it is meaningless for Story if no QM project can provide the test case for it.

You may have known how to associate with other project areas and here is more details:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.0/com.ibm.jazz.platform.doc/topics/c_administering_projects.html?cp=SSYMRC_5.0.0&lang=en

Hope this helps.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.