It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to export a work item template?

Jia Jia Li (8057152192) | asked Feb 26 '16, 4:20 a.m.
edited Feb 27 '16, 3:18 a.m.
Is there a way to export a work item template? Additionally, is there a way to edit existing work item template?

As Matt mentioned, my purpose is to import the work item template into another project area which has most the same process configuration.
Thanks!

4 answers

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Feb 26 '16, 4:30 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Feb 26 '16, 4:31 a.m.
Hi,

You could use RTC Eclipse Client for this..

After connecting to the Repository, choose :
File > Export > Team > Work Item Template > pick the Project Area and the specific template you would like to export.

export work item template

permanent link
Matt Muller (59813574) | answered Feb 26 '16, 4:34 a.m.
edited Feb 26 '16, 4:36 a.m.

Good Morning,

To be clear are you asking to export a work item template from one project area to another project area "that has the same Project / Template configuration" ?

If your projects have Exactly the same configuration:

(Just seen the other suggested method - which looks cleaner  but below is good also)

In Eclipse - find the Templates under work Items > make a note of the Identifier.

Select the Links tab and then in the Attachments you should find the Template ID.XML - Save as.

Then open your new Project Area and Add....   You should then see the new Shared Template listed.

Give that a try - but please only if the Project Area's have the same configuration.

Regards

Matt Muller

seslimited@Hotmail.co.uk

permanent link
Jia Jia Li (8057152192) | answered Feb 27 '16, 3:15 a.m.
Hi, Matt
You are right, I am actually want to import the template to the similar project area which I copied from the other project area process configuration xml file, but I find the work item template do not work. So I want to export/import work item template.
But I am not clear about your word "In Eclipse - find the Templates under work Items > make a note of the Identifie", I understand this step want to get the Template ID.xml, but I do not know how to do it? Can you give more instruction? Thanks very much!

permanent link
Matt Muller (59813574) | answered Mar 02 '16, 4:38 a.m.

Hi

The Actual File is held as an Attachment in the <Links tab> within the Project Area Config.

The Description and Identification - is in the <Process configuration tab>  > Work Items > Templates.

However saying all that looks like Dinesh has a nice way to Export the Work Item Template.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.