It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem with RTC News Feed Widget and Jenkins RSS feed

Marko Tomljenovic (31647109) | asked Feb 26 '16, 2:52 a.m.
Hi,
I want to add a "News Feed" widget to my dashboard that shows me the content of the "Build failed" RSS feed from a certain Jenkins Build.

After configuring the RSS feed URL I get the following error message: 

An internal system error occurred while loading the feed:
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: Unexpected response from http://jenkins..../rssFailed. Expected a 200 response code, but got 403. Please check your server configuration.

For getting the RSS content in the browser a login to Jenkins is required.
Is there any way to configure the user credentials in the widget so that the content can be properly fetched?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 26 '16, 8:08 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
HTTP response 403 as you can Google means forbidden. Please check the feed URL you provide works in a browser.

This works for me in 6.0.1

Comments
Marko Tomljenovic commented Feb 26 '16, 8:19 a.m.

I can only see the feed content in the browser if am logged in Jenkins. If I am not then the feed URL cannot be opened in the browser.

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 26 '16, 8:22 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I can see the feed without logging in. I have security enabled. Please check if you can see the feed. I am not sure it is possible to provide a login with the feed widget.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.