It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Best way for Migrate/move CLM 5.0.2 instance from one server to another

Naveen V (791357) | asked Feb 24 '16, 12:17 p.m.
retagged Mar 03 '16, 4:17 p.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)
Hi,

We have currently CLM 5.0.2 in one data center abc and need to move application server along with databases to xyz data center ( secure network zone). My all 3 application ( RTC,RQM and RRC) are hosted in IBM WAS within one profile. Looking for best way to migrate or move the CLM instance from one server to another. Even I am not sure to get the same DNS name in new data center ( secure network zone).

Appreciate for your inputs on it.

One answer

permanent link
Erica Tran (1.4k7) | answered Feb 24 '16, 1:41 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Naveen,

The following is a page on the jazz.net deployment wiki that should have the information you need. 

Jazz.net deployment wiki:  Migrating and evolving

It contains links to several documents including...
-Migrating CLM to a New Environment
-Maintaining the public URL
-Server rename landing page

I hope this helps.

Comments
Naveen V commented Feb 24 '16, 2:17 p.m.

Hi Erica,

I need to actually migrate oracle 11g from one server to another server. Do we need to take any precaution and any impact on backup and restore database in another server ?

Thanks

Brett Bohnn commented Feb 24 '16, 3:09 p.m. | edited Feb 24 '16, 3:28 p.m.

Hi Naveen,

I have worked with a number of clients who have followed a simple Oracle data pump export/import process, taking the data pump export of all CLM databases while the applications are off-line.

I have done the same restoring Oracle databases from data pump exports following this https://oracle-base.com/articles/10g/oracle-data-pump-10g and recall a few "gotchas."  You may have to create the Oracle users with the same names as the source, so if you are migrating an RQM database with Oracle user 'rqmDBuser' JTS database with user 'jtsDBuser' and CCM database with Oracle user 'ccmDBuser' you should use the same schema names to avoid problems with the data pump import.

Of course, you need to create the empty Oracle databases correctly on the target Oracle server, with the SQL for creating the tablespaces, users, grants, etc. referenced here http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.1/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/t_s_server_installation_setup_oracle.html?cp=SSYMRC_5.0.1&lang=en

Thanks,
Bret

Naveen V commented Feb 26 '16, 10:37 a.m.

@Brett Bohnn, Really its nice information. Yes, I am also thinking about databases same way. I was thinking how I can setup our WAS and CLM application. Do I need to go for fresh installation of WAS profile with same ports and then deploy CLM jars on it and then copy teamserver.properties and indices. Is that enough to do at application side?
One more option thinking if allowed that backup VM image and restore in new environment so that it will catch up everything then after that follow server rename steps. Which one would be the recommendation?

plz suggest me the best way for application. I got about databases migration details from your comment.

Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.