It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can a changeset be dis-associated from a Work Item?

Geoff Binns (30424) | asked Feb 24 '16, 6:28 a.m.
retagged Mar 03 '16, 4:28 p.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)

Once a change set has been associated with a work item, is it possible to remove it from the work item.

In the Work Item > Links field there is a Remove button but doesn't get enabled.

The change set may also be delivered to a stream and may not be the last to be applied to the Component.

Is it then possible to associate it to a different work item?

I am using v5.0.2.

Appreciate any guidance. Thanks.

2 answers

permanent link
Ken Tessier (84117) | answered Mar 03 '16, 4:27 p.m.
This is documented in Associating change sets with work items.

Ken

permanent link
Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k13177) | answered Feb 24 '16, 10:37 a.m.
edited Feb 26 '16, 9:14 a.m.
Hi Geoffrey,

I think its possible with below use case.

1) Check the history of Component from Repository workspace.

2) Please select the respective change-set which is associated work-item ,

3) Right Click on Change-set >> Related Artifactes >> Remove

4) Select the workitem id and click Ok.

Regards,
Arun.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Feb 24 '16, 10:44 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can open the change set in one of the SCM views and then use the context menu there and use related artifacts>Remove.
However, you can also select the change set on the links tab of the Work Item editor and right click and remove the link as well.

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 24 '16, 10:45 a.m.

The button you mention is enabled for me. So maybe you don't have permissions to remove the link?

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 24 '16, 10:50 a.m. | edited Feb 24 '16, 10:54 a.m.

I tried a usual developer with sufficient permissions and that worked as well. In the permissions check Source Control>Save Change Set Links and comments (server) and Work items>Modify the Work Item>Modify the work item's links>

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 24 '16, 10:59 a.m.

The other question: once you have the change set, you can assign multiple work items or remove them and the like, provided you have the permission and there is no operational behavior in place that prevents you from doing it.

Arun K Sriramaiah commented Feb 25 '16, 5:25 a.m.

Hi Ralph,
I have enabled with Source Control>Save Change Set Links and comments (server) and Work items>Modify the Work Item>Modify the work item's links> permissions.

but Still I dont see remove the link enabled in workitem lihnks tab. I am trying with 6.0.1

Regards,
Arun.

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 25 '16, 5:34 a.m.

For which ROLE did you enable that, who owns the work item, which role - thus permissions - do you have in that context?

See: https://jazz.net/library/article/291

Arun K Sriramaiah commented Feb 25 '16, 6:07 a.m.

Thanks ralph.

but we should right click on the changeset in the workitem links tab, where we get the Remove option is available and its still not enabled in right side ( remove option). Please find the image below and let me know am i missing anything.

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 25 '16, 6:40 a.m.

I don't know, however one of the ways is working. For the UI's I tried the remove button worked for me in this context as well.

Geoff Binns commented Feb 25 '16, 7:53 a.m.

Ralph, thanks for the reply.

What is disconcerting is selecting the linked changeset in the WI and r.h click, the 'Remove' option provides the 'Remove Related Artefacts' dialog which lists the WI. The title is "Select the artefacts to remove". It implies the WI, surely this cannot be right? The title should be "Select the artefacts to be removed from". 

I seem to have those permissions in my Developer role but still cannot get the button enabled.

Geoff Binns commented Feb 25 '16, 6:32 p.m.

Arun,

Thanks for your input.
I can only concur with your screenshot, I can't get the Remove button enabled no matter what I try but the pop-up menu Remove does work. Seems like a bug to me!

showing 5 of 10 show 5 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.