It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What custom RTC fields are available in the data warehouse?

Jackie Albert (1.6k14946) | asked Feb 22 '16, 9:36 a.m.
There are many custom field types I can add to a Work Item as I extend RTC, such as Short String, Medium String, Enumeration, etc.   However, it's not clear how all of these field types are represented (or if they are) in the data warehouse.

I know that some field types, such as the "List" types, are not brought to the data warehouse by the DCC jobs.  I'm not sure about the "HTML" fields.  Is there a full list available of which field types are reportable and which to avoid if you'd like to use them for reporting?

3 answers

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered May 03 '17, 1:32 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can create a report in report builder that uses the custom attributes and look at the generated SQL.

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Feb 22 '16, 11:59 a.m.
edited Feb 23 '16, 8:37 a.m.
Hello Jackie,

to my knowledge there isn't a list like this (would be nice to have).

The closest resource I can think of is the data dictionary:

Custom Attribute
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.team.reports.doc/topics/ccm/Custom-Attribute.html&scope=null

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Comments
Jackie Albert commented Feb 22 '16, 1:01 p.m.

I did check the data dictionary to see if it had anything on the topic, however since these are custom attributes they wouldn't be found.

Francesco Chiossi commented Feb 23 '16, 8:47 a.m.

Hello Jackie,

sorry I pasted the wrong link (now corrected).
The Custom Attribute page of the data dictionary gives a hint to which DW tables correspond the RTC custom attribute.
I'm not sure however if it's a complete list.

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

permanent link
Kot T. (1.5k11219) | answered Feb 22 '16, 3:39 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The following jazz.net thread may not give an absolute answer, but can be a good reference:
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/145323/locating-specific-data-warehouse-tables-that-contain-custom-fields-and-their-corresponding-data

Custom HTML attributes are available in the data warehouse.

Comments
Jackie Albert commented Feb 22 '16, 4:06 p.m.

I'm familiar with the data warehouse tables, but it's not always obvious as to which field types populate which tables.  You said "Custom HTML attributes are available" but how do I know where that data goes?  Do I assume it goes in the REQUEST_STRING_L_EXT
table, along with the Large String attributes? It would be nice if this was clarified.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.