It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error computing work item history (links enabled) (RTC v5.0.2)

Morten Madsen (3053150) | asked Feb 18 '16, 3:34 a.m.
edited Feb 18 '16, 3:36 a.m.
RTC v5.0.2

When I click the "enable link history" in the work item history section I get an error:

"An error occurred while computing the history! 

And the following exception in ccm.log (notice the IWorkItemHistoryService.computeHistory()):

2016-02-18 09:13:30,549 [WebContainer : 27 @@ 12:06 ncmma  /ccm/_ajax-modules/com.ibm.team.dashboard.web.iframe/com.ibm.team.dashboard.viewlets.web.ui.internal.FeedViewlet]  WARN .team.repository.servlet.AbstractTeamServerServlet  - CRJAZ1163I NullPointerException processing POST request for com.ibm.team.workitem.common.internal.IWorkItemHistoryService.computeHistory(). CRJAZ1170I The request was made by user "xtmsm" from "10.21.16.43".CRJAZ1166I The stack trace hash is E10B7850F0E999ADD9EC234F3B2009F7F8B2E93C.
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.ibm.team.workitem.service.internal.WorkItemHistoryService.addLinkFromReference(WorkItemHistoryService.java:358)
	at com.ibm.team.workitem.service.internal.WorkItemHistoryService.getHistoryForWorkItemReferences(WorkItemHistoryService.java:291)
	at com.ibm.team.workitem.service.internal.WorkItemHistoryService.computeLinkHistory(WorkItemHistoryService.java:209)
	at com.ibm.team.workitem.service.internal.WorkItemHistoryService.computePartialHistory(WorkItemHistoryService.java:101)
	at com.ibm.team.workitem.service.internal.WorkItemHistoryService.computeHistory(WorkItemHistoryService.java:63)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:611)
Anyone got any idea what's going on?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 18 '16, 4:13 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I would consider to open a PMR with support. There might be corrupted links in your repository or something else that creates this problem. Support is in the best position to ask you for the log files and might have tools available to check the consistency of the databases.

Comments
Morten Madsen commented Feb 18 '16, 5:11 a.m.

Thanks, I'll do that.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.