It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Export permissions by role into a more readable format?

Steven Pilkenton (1111) | asked Feb 17 '16, 2:11 p.m.
 I have a requirement to maintain a spreadsheet of permissions by role for several project areas in RTC, RRC, and RQM. Until recently this was done by comparing the spreadsheet to the live permissions, item by item. I was able to write some python code to parse the inner html that I copied and pasted from the web client. This is an effective, but inelegant solution. I have tried to automate this process by accessing the api with python and java. Both attempts have proven unsuccessful. I am now attempting to learn to create eclipse plugins to see if it is possible to access the permissions tables and parse them in this way. Is there an easier way to do this? Is it even possible to do with a plugin?

One answer

permanent link
Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14118103) | answered Feb 18 '16, 4:37 a.m.
I created a batch using plain api in order to synchronize permissions in RTC so yes, it is possible. You can also do it by using REST api (this article shows how to access these information). Once you've retrieved the information you can show them as you want. I've not tried with a client side plugin but I'm sure it can be done. You can start from here

What I don't know is how to do it in RRC and RQM as I've never do it and I don't think there is plain java api or sdk for them.

Michele.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.