It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Anyone connected to a rtc repository from Oracle SQL developer? Is it possible?

Suresh Raman (9152333) | asked Feb 17 '16, 12:33 p.m.

I see the only option for subversion. Was wondering if anyone connected to a rtc repository from Oracle SQL developer? Is it possible?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Feb 21 '16, 9:12 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Oracle SQL Developer is based on JDeveloper, which has built-in integration with Subversion and Git, and provides downloadable plug-ins for ClearCase, CVS, Perforce, and MS Team System.
To my knowledge, JDeveloper does not provide a mechanism for a third party to add support for a different versioning system (such as RTC), so you would either need to get JDeveloper to create such a plug-in. or get JDeveloper to publish their API's that would allow a third party to do so.
Suresh Raman selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Suresh Raman commented Feb 22 '16, 11:43 a.m.

Geoffrey, thanks for the clarification and the answer

One other answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Feb 21 '16, 7:55 p.m.
Of course it's possible if the RTC repository is backed by Oracle (you can connect to other databases but for different purposes). But what do you want to do with it? Unless you know the schema of the data (how to data is structured), you will only see many tables containing raw data that makes little sense to you.

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Feb 21 '16, 9:08 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I believe Suresh was asking using RTC as the version control system for the "Oracle SQL developer" IDE ... not about whether an Oracle database can be used as the DBMS for RTC.   

Donald Nong commented Feb 21 '16, 9:47 p.m.

Now it makes sense why subversion was mentioned. :-)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.