It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Custom Reports - cannot make it work...

Felipe Freire (78143) | asked Aug 06 '09, 9:11 a.m.
I've been trying for two days to make the custom reports works, and I haven't got any lucky.

Any help would be very appreciated!

Has anyone tried the new custom reports feature on RQM 2.0?

I followed all the installation instructions - and after some minor problems such as port conflicts between RQM tomcat server and Custom Reports (Insight) WAS server - I got it apparentely working (the server is up, I can access the Cognos/Insight web interface, the connections to the databases are working...).

But I simply can't create or run any report. It seems some problem with the data model or datasource, but I can't figure out what is wrong.

The symptom of htis problem is: when I try to create a new report using the Rational Quality Manager Data Model the first step is to define a Project (that should match the XML configuration, in my case RQM). It doesn't work and the error message is like this:

An error occurred while performing operation 'sqlPrepareWithOptions' status='-9'.

the detailed message is:
UDA-SQL-0107 A general exception has occurred during the operation "prepare".CRREE9000E: Internal Java error, check ri_jdbc.log for detailsRSV-SRV-0042 Trace back:RSReportService.cpp(758): QFException: CCL_CAUGHT: RSReportService::process()RSReportServiceMethod.cpp(239): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSReportServiceMethod::process(): promptPagingForward_RequestRSASyncExecutionThread.cpp(774): QFException: RSASyncExecutionThread::checkExceptionRSASyncExecutionThread.cpp(211): QFException: CCL_CAUGHT: RSASyncExecutionThread::run(): promptPagingForward_RequestRSASyncExecutionThread.cpp(824): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSASyncExecutionThread::processCommand(): promptPagingForward_RequestExecution/RSRenderExecution.cpp(593): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSRenderExecution::executeAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(264): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchAssemblyAssembly/RSLayoutAssembly.cpp(64): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSLayoutAssembly::assembleAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(331): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchChildrenAssemblyForwardAssembly/RSReportPagesAssembly.cpp(163): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSReportPagesAssembly::assembleAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(281): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchAssemblyAssembly/RSPageAssembly.cpp(287): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSPageAssembly::assembleAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(281): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchAssemblyAssembly/RSTableRowAssembly.cpp(160): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSTableRowAssembly::assembleAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(281): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchAssemblyAssembly/RSTableCellAssembly.cpp(122): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSTableCellAssembly::assembleAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(331): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchChildrenAssemblyForwardAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(281): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchAssemblyAssembly/RSAssembly.cpp(626): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSAssembly::createListIteratorAssembly/RSAssembly.cpp(667): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSAssembly::createListIteratorRSQueryMgr.cpp(978): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSQueryMgr::getListIteratorRSQueryMgr.cpp(1051): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSQueryMgr::getResultSetIteratorRSQueryMgr.cpp(1211): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSQueryMgr::createIteratorRSQueryMgr.cpp(1511): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSQueryMgr::executeRsapiCommandRSQueryMgr.cpp(1498): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSQueryMgr::executeRsapiCommandRSQueryMgrExecutionHandlerImpl.cpp(174): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSQueryMgrExecutionHandlerImpl::execute()RSQueryMgrExecutionHandlerImpl.cpp(154): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSQueryMgrExecutionHandlerImpl::execute()RSQFSession.cpp(243): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSQFSession::DoRequestQFSSession.cpp(603): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: QFSSession::ProcessDoRequest()QFSSession.cpp(601): QFException: CCL_CAUGHT: QFSSession::ProcessDoRequest()QFSSession.cpp(558): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: QFSSession::ProcessDoRequest()QFSConnection.cpp(737): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: QFSConnection::ExecuteQFSQuery.cpp(199): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: QFSQuery::Execute v2CoordinationQFSQuery.cpp(4174): QFException: CCL_THROW: CoordinationPlanner

11 answers

permanent link
Peter Haumer (2.2k12019) | answered Sep 20 '11, 6:16 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rqmhelp/v2r0/topic/com.ibm.rational.rcpr.help.doc/topics/t_deploying_vega.html

Hope this helps,
Peter Haumer.

permanent link
Raja Konda (6) | answered Sep 20 '11, 1:08 p.m.
I've ran the XDC and got the live reports working. And I found out that I also had some problems with the DW, because the XML ODBC was not working the first time the DW was configured.

So I tried to setup it again. I follow the instructions and I now everything is working fine. Thanks for the tip!

Hi pfreire,

Can you give me detailed steps to setup custom reports in RQM 2.0

MY EMAIL id is rajakonda@gmail.com

permanent link
Beth Pasquale (6) | answered Oct 05 '10, 9:11 p.m.
Does anyone have any experience using this with a sqlserver database? My company runs sqlserver, but I'm not sure if the software is designed for sqlserver. We've been having A LOT of problems with our custom reports.

permanent link
Faith Jansson (6) | answered Oct 04 '10, 9:07 a.m.
I have the same problem. Hoping someone has the solution. . .

Thanks a bunch!

Faith

permanent link
Claudia Callegari (44439771) | answered Sep 06 '10, 12:10 p.m.
Hi,,,
you said:

"So I tried to setup it again. I follow the instructions and I now everything is working fine. "

Can you please clearly specify which instructions you followed to solve this problem? Thanks a lot,

--Claudia Callegari

permanent link
Omprakash Thammishety (1461178) | answered Mar 23 '10, 1:34 a.m.
HI. Now I am running into the same error.

pid 7880 Build Node 32 'Category_stg'; reported the following:

DM-DBM-0400 UDA driver reported the following on connection Rational Quality Manager:

UDA-SQL-0107 A general exception has occurred during the operation "prepare".

CRREE9000E: Internal Java error, check ri_jdbc.log for details

(for details, see Build_Category_stg_0005.log)

Can you please share the steps that you have followed.

Thanks for help in Advance.

Thanks,
Om.

permanent link
Gerardo Barbosa (1632) | answered Dec 11 '09, 12:17 p.m.
SQL Server...

Thanks!

Hi,

Which database are you using? SQLSERVER? DB2?

Thanks,

-Walter

I've ran the XDC and got the live reports working. And I found out that I also had some problems with the DW, because the XML ODBC was not working the first time the DW was configured.

So I tried to setup it again. I follow the instructions and I now everything is working fine. Thanks for the tip!

permanent link
Walter Mansur (63613017) | answered Dec 11 '09, 9:52 a.m.
Hi,

Which database are you using? SQLSERVER? DB2?

Thanks,

-Walter

permanent link
Gerardo Barbosa (1632) | answered Dec 07 '09, 3:13 p.m.
Felipe,

I have the same error.

Please, could you send me the steps to solve that error?

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Gerardo

permanent link
Felipe Freire (78143) | answered Aug 11 '09, 4:36 p.m.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.