It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to configure Jazz Source Control file properties in RTC at server level

Sudaraazhi Arivalagan (441728) | asked Feb 12 '16, 6:24 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

I require to configure Jazz Source Control file properties thorugh Server properties file [not from Windows -> Preferences - > Team -> Jazz Source Control -> Click on File Properties]. I need to add/configure file properties in server file somewhere so that all the clients will be having those included file properties.

How can i do that? Can you give your suggestion here?

Thanks

Sudar

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 12 '16, 8:27 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Feb 12 '16, 8:28 a.m.
As far as I know these user properties are not managed/controlled anywhere. Users can put in, what they want. It would likely be possible to create automation to set them and maybe to prevent delivery of unwanted ones. I am not aware of a place where you can tell the system which ones are allowed.

Sudaraazhi Arivalagan selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sudaraazhi Arivalagan commented Feb 12 '16, 8:43 a.m.

Thanks Ralph.

It's not about configuring User Properties under Jazz Source Control.

As admin, I need to supply/include few properties into File Properties <-- Jazz Source Control <-- Team <-- Preferences <-- Windows which should be visible as default properties into all RTC Clients. [I dont want to allow every users to add the properties manually].

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 12 '16, 8:47 a.m.

You would have to think about some automation to do that. For example on the first delivery in a follow up action. I haven't found that API however.

There is another concept "custom attributes" that might be better, dependent on your use case. See Setting Custom Attributes for SCM Versionables for API. They are configured and can be created by default. But properties are basically versioned. So you can't change them for a version of an artifact.

One other answer

permanent link
Zeeshan Choudhry (6541612) | answered Feb 12 '16, 6:53 a.m.
edited Feb 12 '16, 6:54 a.m.
Is this property what you are looking for?

Comments
Sudaraazhi Arivalagan commented Feb 12 '16, 7:15 a.m.

Actually, I am looking to add File Properties [under Jazz Source Control <-- Preferences <-- Windows] in a common place[may be in server properties file]. I dont want to let Users to add it individually/manually.

Zeeshan Choudhry commented Feb 12 '16, 7:39 a.m.

If you are concerned about the Line Delimeters then click on the link and check how you can set the behavior from server prospective or Project Area prospective.
This Link has more information on how it works.

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 12 '16, 8:23 a.m. | edited Feb 12 '16, 8:24 a.m.

I think he talks about these properties:

I don't have code for that. You would have to create an deliver advisor to prevent properties you don't want.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.