It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

I just want to add an user into project area instead of adding that user into all team areas with all the permissions. Can i do that to inherit that user into all the team areas into RTC?

Meet Dalsania (113) | asked Feb 11 '16, 9:04 a.m.
I just want to add an user into project area instead of adding that user into all team areas with all the permissions.

For an example:- I have tree team areas 1. Area1 
                                                                  2. Area2 
                                                                  3. Area3
                           I've added "Meet" as an user into three of them with the same permission.
                         But instead of doing that, I want to make it easy as much as possible. Can i add "Meet" into project area to inherit that user "Meet" into all the team areas with the same permissions? If yes then How ? or any another way to do that?

One answer

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Feb 11 '16, 11:05 a.m.
Membership in the Project causes the roles / permissions to inherit downward.   There are a couple of Articles about how permissions work in RTC

https://jazz.net/library/article/291

Roles/permissions can be different between a parent process area and its children. 

Comments
Meet Dalsania commented Feb 11 '16, 11:40 p.m.

Thanks for giving the answer.

But My question is not regarding inheritance of roles/permissions. If i add any user into a project area and i have three team areas into the project area.
So is that possible that that user can reflect into three team areas without adding into the all team areas?

Geoffrey Clemm commented Feb 12 '16, 12:37 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

By "reflect into three team areas", I assume you mean that when you view that team area in the web browser, that you see that user appear in the "member list" of each of the three team areas (probably with some kind of indicator that this is an inherited member).  If so, no, that is not supported today, so you would have to file an enhancement request for it.   In that request, you would need to specify why this feature is important to you.

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 12 '16, 1:05 a.m.

If the user is not entered as a member of the team area, he only has the default role "Everyone" and will only be able to perform what permission that grants him.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Feb 12 '16, 1:18 a.m.

They would have all the roles they were given in the project area (since roles are inherited).

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 12 '16, 1:37 a.m.

Sorry, right, I got the direction wrong, I guess.

Meet Dalsania commented Feb 12 '16, 1:42 a.m.

Okay, I'll try.

Thank you!

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.