It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

IBM WAS Issue

Kunal N (872361) | asked Feb 11 '16, 12:18 a.m.
Hi All,

I have configured clm 6.0.1 on WAS 8.5.5. Initially after installation of WAS the WAS login page use to ask me for username and password before i Login, But suddenly now it allows to directly login.

I have cleared the browser history and cookies but still once I go on WAS administrative console link it does not ask for authentication and I directly get logged in. Also while stopping WAS server earlier it use to ask for authentication(username and password) But now it does not ask.

From the time this issue have started I am unable to access CLm(ccm,QM,RM) applications even though the WAS server is started and all applications show they are started in WAS

What may be the problem..?

Thank you,
Kunal

2 answers

permanent link
Kot T. (1.5k11219) | answered Feb 11 '16, 4:47 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
If security is disabled, generally, it would still show a login page where you only have to click to log in without entering a password. But if it just goes directly into the console as soon as you hit the page, it looks like something is cached somewhere.

Things to try....
1. Shutdown WAS and ensure it shuts down successfully. Clear all the logs (both WAS server logs and application logs). You can back them up and move somewhere else. Then, restart WAS and check the logs to see if any errors.

2. Try to access WAS from other machine.

You may want to try to clear WAS cache as well. See https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/aimsupport/entry/deleting_temporary_files_in_websphere_application_server?lang=en

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Feb 11 '16, 9:51 p.m.
If fact that you don't need a password to stop WAS indicates that administrative security is off, and very likely application security is also off, hence the failure on the applications.

As you can log on to the WAS console, you should go through the setup steps again to double confirm.
https://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSCP65_6.0.1/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/t_s_server_installation_setup_WAS.html
(The Before You Begin section is important here)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.