It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do we resolve error message? work item type not configured with default resolve action

Darrell Reich (949) | asked Feb 08 '16, 5:51 p.m.
I've successfully setup my RTC jazz client, loaded, changed, refreshed, checked in and delivered my first change set. Then I added a .jazzignore file to the project since we're developing JDK8 OSGi Eclipse 4.4.2 Luna EE. I got the error below. I contacted my project admin but It works for them. What is wrong and how do we fix it?

Error: Deliver and Resolve Work Item 
Could not complete the deliver and resolve because the Default Workflow work item type is not configured with a default resolve action. Please contact your project administrator.

RTC 5.0.2 iFix008 Eclipse 4.2 Client

Error messages usually take the form: what is wrong, what should I do about it. Please tell me "how to configure my work item type with a default resolve action" sure is nerdy when we used to just check the files into ClearCase. I have a work item assigned to me. It worked yesterday to check in a changed file, now I'm adding this new one.

2 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Feb 12 '16, 12:58 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The error you encountered was from executing the "deliver and resolve work item" command.
The "check in" command is a completely different operation, so the fact that you could check in a changed file yesterday has nothing to do with whether you can do a "deliver and resolve work item" command.
Until your administrator has configured the work item type with a "resolve" action, you can just do the operation in two steps ... first deliver the change set, and then transition to work item to the desired state.

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Feb 08 '16, 6:14 p.m.
As the error message suggests, you need to contact your project administrator. He/she has to perform the exact action to see the symptom. The workflow of the work time type (e.g. Defect, or whatever your change set is associated with) needs to be examined.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.