It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Incorrect order in the Bar chart in JRS 6.0.0

Dhanya Saseendran (8831421) | asked Feb 07 '16, 7:54 p.m.
Hi,
I have a specific order mentioned in my JRS report.
For example 2015_Q1_Planned, 2015_Q1_Realized, 2015_Q2_Planned, 2015_Q2_Realized etc so that the savings can be viewed against what was planned and achieved (realized) could be seen side by side and compared.
But when this converted into the graph view this is coming in a random order. see the below. The preview of the graph in JRS shows the correct order. But not in the actual graph.
Please help me to get this sorted out..

Thanks
Dhanya

Comments
Steven Shaw commented Feb 08 '16, 3:39 p.m. | edited Feb 09 '16, 8:21 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello Dhanya,

I need some more information.  What is the attribute that is the x-axis?  Do you have an ascending sort order added to the attribute in the Format Results tab?  When you display as a table - is the data coming in as expected?

Can you provide a screen snapshot of the format results pane (for table) and also the preview pane where you configure the graph?

Thanks,

-Steve

Dhanya Saseendran commented Feb 09 '16, 3:19 a.m.

Hi Steve,
The attributes of the X and Y axis as shown below. there is no sorting done
Format table screenshot given below.. shows no sort order mentioned
Please see that in the preview we have the report coming correctly.. And in the actual graph given in the original question, the bars (columns) appear in a different order.

One answer

permanent link
Cherie Revells (18111) | answered Feb 11 '16, 1:48 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Dhanya,

I created a work item to address this inability to control the order of the bars:
Cannot specify order of bars in a barchart graph (383779)

Regards,
Cherie

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.