It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Are There Existing Steps to Unregister an Application and then Re-Register It?

Rob Olsen (3511852) | asked Feb 05 '16, 9:39 p.m.
I upgraded to CLM 6.0 and installed Jazz Reporting Service (JRS) on a single server.  Since it was only a dev environment, I have everything on one server (JTS, CCM, RS, DCC and LQE).  At one point JRS was working and I was able to set it up and provide users access and identify projects.  Today I go in to RS and I get some weird "Consumer key not valid ..." error for RS.  It was recommended by IBM that I just "unregister" the "rs" application and then run through setup and re-register it.  So I went and "unregistered" the apps (RS, DCC and LQE).  And then I run through JTS/setup again.  The first time it fails with some issues with LQE.  Well its my understanding I really do not need LQE for what I am trying to do, so I remove LQE and do not try to register it again.  The second time through "setup" it fails again because it cannot register "DCC" because there is still a "Friendship" out there.  So I go through JTS Admin and clean things up again.  The third time, I get through the registration but then it fails when I get to "Finalize Application" step. Something about "Unable to perform the User Sync Operation".  So what are the steps?  What do I need to do to "unregister" an application and then "re-register" it.  There doesn't seem to be any documentation out there that describes the steps.

One answer

permanent link
Guido Schneider (3.4k1486115) | answered Feb 06 '16, 5:18 a.m.
edited Feb 06 '16, 5:22 a.m.
I do not know your environment but I had similar problem with RB registration.
I'm using IHS and the IHS plugin for WAS  in front of RS (and all other apps).

1. RB setup problem

To fix this I had to add following in httpd.conf:
(same fixed another issue in RQM)

#gus begin
# Fix for: QM ETL Job fails with 401 or 403 error when using HTTP Proxy and OAuth authentication
#               http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21632841
SetEnv websphere-nocanon 1
#gus

2. Re-registration problem
re-registration should work with setup.
But be sure you have all consumer and friends removed. What I also did was deinstall RB with Install Manager and install it again, before run setup. Additionally I also stopped the profile where RB is running in, and cleared temp and wstemp.

BTW. why deregister DCC and LQE? RB is a separate story and must not be handled with the others. It can also reside in it's own profile if you like. No clue why IBM is bundling it with the others to JRS. Does not make really sense, because the others are datacollectors and RB is an enduser application.

hope this helps
Guido

Comments
Rob Olsen commented Feb 08 '16, 12:02 p.m.

Thanks for the response Guido.  I forgot to mention that I am still using Tomcat and have not migrated over to Websphere yet.  It looks like you went with the extra step of uninstalling RS, DCC and LQE and then re-installing.  I was hoping to not have to go to that level but maybe I do.  I've already done that on a production system where I moved all of the reporting apps (RS, DCC and LQE) off of the Jazz server and on to a separate server as recommended by IBM, but I am still unable to register RS again.  I have PMR out there but still waiting to get some answers as to why. 

In regards to this set up though, all I am really trying to is get it working in this test environment and not having any luck.  I think my next step will be to go through, make sure and verify all of the apps (RS, DCC and LQE) are all unregistered and no friendships then uninstall the app using IM.  Then reinstall and try again.  If that fails .... 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.