It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error in jetty setup : Failed to connect to remote VM. Connection refused. Connection refused: connect ?

Bharat Malge (2131430) | asked Feb 04 '16, 2:23 a.m.
Hello,
     I am trying Jetty server setup on CLM 6.0.1 which is installed on WAS 8.5.5.
I have successfully completed WorskshopSetup and now stuck on the debug step with the error "Failed to connect to remote VM. Connection refused.
Connection refused: connect"

"java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:412)
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:271)
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:258)
    at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:376)
    at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:546)
    at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:495)
    at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:392)
    at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:203)
    at org.eclipse.jdi.internal.connect.SocketTransportService$2.run(SocketTransportService.java:136)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:767)"

Any solution for this error ?
Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Feb 04 '16, 3:13 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Feb 04 '16, 3:16 a.m.
This question does not make a lot of sense to me.

Please provide the step in the workshop you are stuck.

If you are talking about launching a Jetty based development server, I would expect more log information.
If you are trying to connect remotely to WAS to debug an extension, the workshop is basically done for Tomcat and the same steps work with WAS Liberty and there is no notion of any other WAS app server based debug in it.

Debugging might or might not work with the description with a full WAS (I doubt it), in any case the changes to the server.startup.bat that are described in the workshop would have to be done in the WAS Admin console.

I would suggest you follow the workshop closely. Since there is no description for 6.0.1 yet, here what I have seen with WAS liberty in 6.0.1:

You can basically follow the Tomcat description and replace Tomcat with WAS liberty and it works. 

Comments
Bharat Malge commented Feb 04 '16, 4:14 a.m. | edited Feb 04 '16, 4:17 a.m.

I am stuck on this step - Test connecting the Eclipse debugger to Tomcat
In debug configuration I am getting the error
"Failed to connect to remote VM. Connection refused. Connection refused: connect"
I am doing workshop on WAS not on Tomcat so where I have to concentrate more in the WAS settings.
Do I need to change any configuration or any batch file in the the WAS server profile ?
The port number will be default 3388 on WAS in debug configuration also ?

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 04 '16, 4:19 a.m.

There is no description for doing this with WAS, so you will have to find out for yourself.

With WAS Liberty, the steps 1.3_12 work exactly as described.

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 04 '16, 4:21 a.m.

Note that by adding the parameters in steps 1.3_12 you define which debug port to use - as described in the notes marked as "Trouble shooting".

The server.setup.bat file that is changed does not contribute to starting a full WAS, therefore the steps as described will not work.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.