It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error while searching WorkItems using predefined queries

Balamurugan Selvarasu (331430) | asked Feb 02 '16, 4:25 a.m.
edited Feb 24 '16, 1:32 a.m.
Hi All,

I am facing an issue when linking a WorkItem to another WorkItem by using query option to search the WorkItem I am looking for. It shows an error message while running the query stating that "Loading widget failed".

Did anybody experience this issue?

Suggestions appreciated!

Comments
Donald Nong commented Feb 02 '16, 10:30 p.m.

Steps? Version? Screenshot?

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 03 '16, 1:08 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

There was a question recently that sounded similar and the answer was to enable something in the browser to allow the widgets to load, but I can't find the question, unfortunately.

Balamurugan Selvarasu commented Feb 04 '16, 2:48 a.m. | edited Feb 04 '16, 8:11 p.m.

Please find the below details for your suggestions to resolve the issue:

Steps : Under Links tab when I am trying to use a search query to list out work items it throwing widget error. 

Version - RTC 5.0.2 with latest interim fix 11.

Donald Nong commented Feb 04 '16, 8:29 p.m.

I must have missed something. What does "trying to use a search query" mean? Do you see the Select Work Items dialog at all? What link type are you trying to use when adding the work item? Is the work item being searched/linked from the same project area?

Balamurugan Selvarasu commented Feb 05 '16, 1:14 p.m. | edited Feb 08 '16, 8:03 p.m.

I have a dynamic query created under predefined queries for listing Work Items and I'm using custom link type called "Related to Project". I am using a "search query option" instead of searching by text or WorkItem ID to list the out the WorkItem I wished to select the WorkItem for linking to it.

Donald Nong commented Feb 08 '16, 8:05 p.m.

The only thing I can think of is to clear your browser cache. If the issue persists, you'd better contact Support to get it investigated further because the use case is quite unique.

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.