It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

can we do WorshopSetup in CLM 6.0.1 installed via IM or it works only on webinstaller?

Bharat Malge (2131430) | asked Feb 02 '16, 3:44 a.m.
Hello,
      I have installed CLM 6.0.1 via IBM Installation Manager and in order to setup jetty I was going through one document and according to that During WorkshopSetup.jar installation I am, getting the error "Could not find or load the main class WorkshopSetup.jar"
According to the document the required directory was not generated when we download via IM.
So worksopSetup can only support when we install application via web installer?
If it works on application installed by IM what will be the possible resolution or any reference document?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Feb 02 '16, 3:48 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Feb 02 '16, 3:51 a.m.
Change the batch file to

set JAVA_HOME=..\TeamConcert\jazz\client\eclipse\jdk
set PLAIN_JAVA=../PlainJavaAPI
set REPOSITORY="https://localhost:9443/ccm"
set USERID="myadmin"
set PASSWORD="myadmin"

%JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin\java -Djava.ext.dirs=%PLAIN_JAVA%;%JAVA_HOME%/jre/lib/ext -cp %PLAIN_JAVA% -jar WorkshopSetup.jar %REPOSITORY% %USERID% %PASSWORD%
pause

Some Java versions did not work with the order of the parameters to java. This order is correct
Bharat Malge selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Feb 02 '16, 3:51 a.m.

sorry, I got a faulty version. The corrected line is:

%JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin\java -Djava.ext.dirs=%PLAIN_JAVA%;%JAVA_HOME%/jre/lib/ext -cp %PLAIN_JAVA% -jar WorkshopSetup.jar %REPOSITORY% %USERID% %PASSWORD%

2 other answers

permanent link
Bharat Malge (2131430) | answered Feb 02 '16, 7:02 a.m.
Successfully Done Thanks Ralph !!
It also worked with the CLM applications installed by the Installation Manager.


permanent link
Bharat Malge (2131430) | answered Feb 02 '16, 6:44 a.m.
set JAVA_HOME=..\TeamConcert\jdk
set PLAIN_JAVA=../PlainJavaAPI
set REPOSITORY="https://localhost:9443/ccm"
set USERID="bharatm"
set PASSWORD="bharatm"

pause

This is my batch file
I did CLM installation via Installation Manager is it the wrong method ? or doing installation via web installer or via IM doesn't affect the WorkshopSetup

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Feb 02 '16, 6:54 a.m.

You can use the IM or the web install, but you have to check for the JRE/JDK path and adjust the paths above to match that. I think the JDK might be installed in a different folder in the IM/Web install. You should use the JDK that ships with the RTC client, as mentioned in the workshop.

Otherwise, I think other users have used the IM/Web install and were able to run the workshop.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.