It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why won't my code review display when launched?

Melissa Kivisto (2871021) | asked Feb 01 '16, 6:21 a.m.
retagged Jan 20 '17, 3:12 p.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)

I configured the code review in my work items, as per 

When I click on the "Open Code Review" link, a new window pops up, but nothing displays (it appears to be continually loading or is hanging).

I am using IE10.

How can I get the code review to display?

Accepted answer

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Jan 17 '17, 8:48 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 05 '17, 11:07 a.m.

RTC Code Review needs IE11+ to operate. Note: When IE 11 is in "compatibility mode", it is essentially operating in a pre-IE11 mode. See http://www.howtogeek.com/128289/how-to-disable-compatibility-mode-in-internet-explorer

I can confirm that when using IE 11 in compatibility mode, Code Review does not work and hangs showing three loading dots in the middle of the screen (but works just fine when compatibility mode is OFF). If you open up the browser web developer tools by pressing F12 in IE 11 and go to the Console tab, you will notice that there are JavaScript exceptions such as "Object doesn't support property or method 'create'".

For more information about RTC Code Review see:
Article: Rational Team Concert Code Review
Video: Introduction to Code Review (Part 1)
Video: Configuring Code Review (Part 2)
Video: Performing a Code Review (Part 3)
Knowledge Center: Working With the Code Review Tool

David Lafreniere selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Melissa Kivisto (2871021) | answered Feb 01 '16, 6:21 a.m.
 Try adding the URL of your server to the "trusted sites".  This should allow the applet to launch.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.