It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how install only rs in silence mode

David MICHEL (1472448) | asked Jan 31 '16, 8:45 p.m.
Hello,
   I have installed the version 6.0.1 in silence mode without the JRS application:
- I have commented the following line in silent-install-server.xml
<offering profile="TMP" id='com.ibm.team.install.jfs.app.jrs'/>
- I have executed the following command:
./userinstc -dataLocation /tmp/silent-install/data -silent -showVerboseProgress -nosplash -input silent-install-server.xml -acceptLicense

Now I want to install the jrs application. I have tried to install with Installation Manager in GUI mode but it doesn't detect my installation. So I can install jrs inside my current installation.
How can i do ?
- re-execute the command line only with the package JRS ?
- Create an answer file with IM in reord mode and install with this answer file ?

Other question:
- Is it possible to install the JRS package without LQE in command line ?

Thank you very much for your return

Best regards

David

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Feb 02 '16, 11:02 p.m.
You unknowingly changed the default agent data location when you installed Installation Manager, with the "-dataLocation /tmp/silent-install/data" parameter. You will need to use the same location each time you use Installation Manager afterwards.
https://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSDV2W_1.7.3/com.ibm.silentinstall12.doc/topics/r_app_data_loc.html

Note: your current agent data location is under /tmp. Remember to NOT delete the path, otherwise you will lose the configuration data and you will not be able to update or uninstall anything within Installation Manager.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.