It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Creation of JKE sample project with DM integrated with CLM responds with HTTP/1.1 4-- Bad request

David Arnone (111619) | asked Jan 31 '16, 5:03 p.m.
 I am trying to set up an evaluation of CLM with DM.  I have finally gotten everything to install not he same Linux box. The topology is CLM (JTS, DNG, RTC, RQM, and RS) in one tomcat server running on port 9443 and another tomcat server for DM running on port 29443.  The DB is derby, after any round trips I finally have it installed.  Trial licenses are activated for everything and I can log into all of the applications.  The interesting thing now is when I go to create the JKE Sample project, all four applications are listed - rm, qm, ccm, and dm.  When the sample project creation process gets to dm I get a HTTP/1.1 - 400 Bad request,  The exception is below.

The error occurs in the step where the project are is created which brings me to the question if the error is because I only have DM installed (none of the other RSA components) or because the Sample project creation know nothing about how to set up DM.  I tried to create a project ares in DM but there are no process templates to deploy.  So i suppose another question is how do I deploy DM process templates?

Exception

Error creating the sample: com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: CRJCA0003E The Lifecycle Project Administration (LPA) application made a request that was answered by an unexpected response code. The request was: https://hadhafang.local:29443/dm/process/project-areas. The response was: HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request.

Error Stacktrace:

com.ibm.team.lpa.automation.TaskException: com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: CRJCA0003E The Lifecycle Project Administration (LPA) application made a request that was answered by an unexpected response code. The request was: https://hadhafang.local:29443/dm/process/project-areas. The response was: HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request.
at com.ibm.team.lpa.common.tasks.CreateProjectTask.runTask(CreateProjectTask.java:184)
at com.ibm.team.lpa.common.tasks.AbstractTask.run(AbstractTask.java:48)
at com.ibm.team.lpa.automation.CompositeTask.run(CompositeTask.java:208)
at com.ibm.team.lpa.automation.CompositeTask$MonitoredSubTask.run(CompositeTask.java:124)
at com.ibm.team.lpa.automation.CompositeTask.run(CompositeTask.java:208)
at com.ibm.team.lpa.common.tasks.LoggingCompositeTask.run(LoggingCompositeTask.java:37)
at com.ibm.team.lpa.automation.AsyncTask$TaskRunner.run(AsyncTask.java:40)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:809)
Caused by: com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: CRJCA0003E The Lifecycle Project Administration (LPA) application made a request that was answered by an unexpected response code. The request was: https://hadhafang.local:29443/dm/process/project-areas. The response was: HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request.
at com.ibm.team.lpa.common.tasks.CreateProjectTask$1.processResponse(CreateProjectTask.java:179)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.oauth.shared.AuthenticatingClientService$Operation.send(AuthenticatingClientService.java:888)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.oauth.shared.AuthenticatingClientService$Operation.access$2(AuthenticatingClientService.java:668)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.oauth.shared.AuthenticatingClientService.send(AuthenticatingClientService.java:158)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor764.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:56)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:620)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:361)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.access$0(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:347)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord$ExportedServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:56)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy253.send(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.lpa.common.tasks.CreateProjectTask.runTask(CreateProjectTask.java:161)
... 7 more
Caused by: com.ibm.team.lpa.automation.TaskException: CRJCA0003E The Lifecycle Project Administration (LPA) application made a request that was answered by an unexpected response code. The request was: https://hadhafang.local:29443/dm/process/project-areas. The response was: HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request.
at com.ibm.team.lpa.common.tasks.AbstractTask.handleError(AbstractTask.java:150)
at com.ibm.team.lpa.common.tasks.CreateProjectTask$1.processResponse(CreateProjectTask.java:173)
... 18 more

3 answers

permanent link
Francois-xavier Panaget (58914) | answered Feb 05 '16, 7:34 a.m.
Hi David,

Which DM (and CLM) version did you use?
Have you installed DM RSA or DM Rhapsody?
For RSA DM you need to install the RSADM.war application (IBM Rational Software Architect Extension for Design Management Domain Extension Application).
This application is required for the displaying of diagram, importing models, etc...
The Sample JKE banking project contains a step to  import the RSA sample model into the project area. This needs the RSA DM domain extension server to be up and running.
Regarding your questions:
- The RM converter application and the DM RSA Domain extension server are both requiring a DISPLAY thread to be able to generate the graphical image information (artifacts, diagram, ...) .
To make sure they are not interfering with each other, it required not to have them installed on the same machine/server.
Check out as well the article https://jazz.net/library/article/1121.
There are ways to install the RM converter application with a delegated configuration.There is a similar way for the RSA DM domain extension server.

- I have never seen problem configuring DM to use a derby database... We would need to get further details on what you saw and see problem the logs.
- Finally, yes I would advise you to contact your support team so they can investigate what went wrong.
Regards,
François

Comments
David Arnone commented Feb 07 '16, 1:21 p.m.

In answer to your questions:
 1.) I am using CLM and DM 6.0.1 and installing iFix 1
 2.) I have installing DM RSA
 3.) I have the extension server included
 4.) I can now get the the JKE banking sample to create the data for all the applications - CCM, RM, QM, DM.  Topology is JTS, CCM, RM, QM, RS, DCC, DM and the extension server all in one WAS Liberty Profile.
 5.) I am now installing this on Windows and not Linux so I do not think the DISPLAY variable is an issue.  The documentation is confusing here because is says don't place DM in the same app server as RM and the converter but the topology diagrams in the Knowledge Center show them all together.  I will check out the links you have provided.

permanent link
David Arnone (111619) | answered Feb 04 '16, 6:49 p.m.
Ok I have been playing around with this little.  I have installed just DM with JTS as a stand alone program without the rest of CLM and it works.   However, when in stalling with CLM, DM cannot go into the same app server as RM and potentially RS.  The reason it cannot go in the same app server as RM is because it interferes with or is interfered by the converter.war (or so the documentation says).  Therefore, I putDM in a separate app server (tomcat) running on ports 29005, 29009, 29080, and 29443.  CLM (jts, ccm, rm, qm, dcc, and rs) is running in Liberty (I could not figure out how to change the DM Liberty profile to run on different ports).  When I run JTS setup in custom mode, I manually add DM as a registered application.  No problems there.  When the setup get so the configuring the DM database, it hangs and fails to setup the database (Do don't get the derby paramaters).  If you force it the rest of setup finish but DM is left without a database and therefore no templates, etc  So.
  1. Do I really need to install DM in a separate app server or profile?
  2. Why is the derby data base for DM not being created properly and is there a way to fix this?
  3. I don't yet have access to the PMR system but yes I agree this is a PMR.

This has nothing to do with Rhapsody or RSA as far as I can tell

permanent link
Danny Müller (117920) | answered Feb 01 '16, 6:30 a.m.
Hello David,

This occurs if your design management tool is not RSA. E.g. Rhapsody DM
My last update from December 11th 2015 says that it is not yet decided whether it is a defect or a feature.
I would appreciate if you open a PMR to tip the scales.

best regards
Danny

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.