It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to dynamically set the Request URL for the Edit Configuration Metadata in RPE

jay cheng (618) | asked Jan 29 '16, 2:51 p.m.
edited Jan 29 '16, 3:04 p.m.

Hello All,

I want to create RQM report template with RPE using Configuration Layer. By this, after the user choose a Test Plan, the Testphase list will dynamically list the testphase for the chosed Testplan.

I don't know if it is possible to dynamically set the Request URL for the Edit Configuration Metadata dialog.

For static setting, it can be set as:

${public}/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/${projectAreaUUID}/testphase?fields=feed/entry/content/testphase[testplan/@href=the test plan identifier

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Jay Cheng

2 answers

permanent link
jay cheng (618) | answered Feb 01 '16, 9:08 a.m.

Hi Subramanya,

What I really want to implement is what behaves exactly like the RQM pre-defined Execution reports, e.g.  'Execution Status using Weight', -- when a user select a Test Plan, the Test Milestone will automatically refreshed to list the test Milestones that are related to the selected Test Plan.

Would you, or anyone else, please help me for this? Many thanks.

Regards,

Jay Cheng

Comments
Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Feb 01 '16, 12:57 p.m.

Hi Jay,
'Execution Status using Weight' is not using RPE/RRDG. You cannot filter like this using RPE/RRDG and you should use another variable and set testplan href to it and use this variable while configuring URI for Data Source Configuration element.

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Jan 30 '16, 4:33 a.m.
If user knows the testplan href beforehand, you can use testplan/@href='$userInput' for filtering. Else you can use another variable and set testplan href to it through configuration metadata dialog. User selects the testplan, the testplan href value from the variable can be used in RPE template to filter based on testplan href. I suggest using a data source configuration element and set script expression to its URI property.

You may refer the article https://jazz.net/library/article/1137

I presume you are generating document through RQM web UI (RRDG). If you are using RPE launcher, you cannot use the pre-defined variables.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.