It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DOORS requirement outgoing link(validated by) name isn't updating when modify linked test case name in RQM

Honglin Liang (111) | asked Jan 29 '16, 2:44 a.m.
 There is a test case whose name as (Test A: XXXXXX) in project A area in RQM, then link this test case with a requirement of project A in DOORS, we can see a outgoing link as validated by Test A:XXXXXX in doors when right click on the rightward triangle indicator. Then close the requirement module.

Enter into RQM, and modify the test case name to: (Test A: 1122XXXXXXABCDXX), and then save the test case.
Then goto DOORS, open the requirement module, and check the requirement linked with the test case (Test A:1122XXXXXXABCDXX), its outgoing links name (Validated by) is still the old one: validated by: Test A, 
 it means that the requirement's outgoing links name isn't  updating, and I wait about more than 3 hours , it still isn't updating.

Any solution to this issue?

Version: RQM - 5.0   DOORS - 9.5.0.0 (Server + Client)     DOORS Web Access: 9.5.0.0

PS:  I find a similar issue in IBM support website, but it is only temporary display the old link's name.
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21673916

Comments
Donald Nong commented Jan 29 '16, 3:40 a.m.

It's DWA again that not many people here are familiar with (it's not a Jazz product). Note that the technote talks about an issue in the opposite direction.

One answer

permanent link
Mehul Patel (9695) | answered Feb 04 '16, 3:38 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR
Honglin,

This is expected behavior (though incorrect), as DOORS is persistently storing link label and description in DOORS database and it will not get updated automatically while changing Test Case name in RQM. I believe OSLC Cleaner Utility can be used to correct this labeling. (check OSLCCleanerUtility_readme.txt for command help)

Regards,
Mehul

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.