It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

check out the old version of source code from rtc

Praveen Kumar (16510) | asked Jan 27 '16, 1:08 a.m.
I want to deliver the project code A as version 1.0. Then i replaced the code for the further updates as version 2.0, 3.0. 
In one stage i want to download version 1.0 only to see the code (not to replace 3.0 with 1.0).
Please help me thanks in advance 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Zeeshan Choudhry (6541612) | answered Jan 27 '16, 3:07 a.m.
If you have a snapshot of the Stream when you had version 1.0 of the code at some stage , then you can create a new workspace for 1.0 using that snapshot.
 ( Stream > Right click > Show > Snapshots > From the list of the Sanpshots > Select a snapshot of version 1.0 > Right click and select create new Repository workspace from Sanpshot. )

This way you do not have to replace your existing 3.0 workspace with 1.0 Snaphot, you create a new one and load that to check the code.
Praveen Kumar selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jan 27 '16, 3:36 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Please see https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/RTCProcessFundamentals#Source_Control_Fundamentals for an introduction of the SCM concepts.

Also see
Easing into Jazz Source Control
Jazz Source Control FAQ
 How to keep your streams flowing smoothly in Rational Team Concert

What you basically do is, you have a stream with one and more components, where you share your code. You create snapshots (which create baselines in components) e.g. V1.0 V2.0, V3.0 when you want to mark a version.

From the snapshots you can recreate a stream or repository workspace that select the code for that version. You can also create these from the components and their baselines.

You basically don't replace code, you select the version you want. You can also keep the streams for the versions you likely need. Users can create repository workspaces from these streams or from the snapshots/baselines.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.