It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to publish requirements associated with a test case

Bob 3 (1481564) | asked Jan 25 '16, 12:34 p.m.
I am using RPE 2.0.1 with RQM 6.0 and the JKE Banking sample project. 

I want to publish the list of requirements associated with each test case. The RQM schema appears to offer testcase/requirement but in the notes for this part of the schema, testcase/requirement is listed as deprecated. (see: https://jazz.net/products/rational-quality-manager/api-doc-6.0/schemas/qm_xsd/elements/requirement_2.html)

There is no obvious (to me) alternative that will provide RPE with the requirements associated with a test case. 

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Bob 3 (1481564) | answered Jan 25 '16, 11:02 p.m.
edited Jan 25 '16, 11:05 p.m.
Solved: When using RPE to publish an RQM test plan, plus all associated test cases, plus all requirements associated with each test case, multiple data sources are needed. As each data source is configured with a Data Source Configuration template element, it is somewhat straightforward to hand off the href of the specific artifact for which additional properties must be published (e.g. the query is sitting on a test case but you want to explore each test script associated with that test case). However, if the next data source is external to RQM like DNG and RTC, no links to the external artifacts will be returned by the query unless ?calmlinks=true is appended to the end of the URI. Often this can be accomplished with this simple JavaScript concatenation: href + "?calmlinks=true". I don't know why testcase/requirement is annotated as deprecated in the RQM schema documentation, but it still returns requirements IF the previous query had ?calmlinks=true. 
Rosa Naranjo selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Rosa Naranjo commented Jan 26 '16, 8:18 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Bob
can you include a link to the reference that this came from?

Bob 3 commented Jan 26 '16, 11:36 a.m. | edited Jan 26 '16, 11:37 a.m.

One other answer

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623) | answered Jan 25 '16, 12:54 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 25 '16, 12:55 p.m.
Bob
Have you found this article in your research? it appears to cover the use case you are looking for.  https://jazz.net/library/article/1241

Another option is to use JRS to build the traceability report, and then export it to RPE as highlighted by Dragos in his blog:  http://rpeactual.com/2015/06/26/creating-traceability-documents-with-rpe-and-jrs/

Comments
Bob 3 commented Jan 25 '16, 1:43 p.m.

Rosa, thanks for your response! I'm going to explore the JRS option; I hadn't thought of that.

Bob 3 commented Jan 25 '16, 1:44 p.m.
Unfortunately, the Geoff Rosenthal article seems to be outdated. The section that addresses publishing RQM test case related requirements says:
In Rational Quality Manager, the test case node of the QM schema has a subsection for "requirement," which includes an "href" query to the related RRC artifact.
It's true that the schema still has the requirement node, but it has been deprecated (according to the official schema documentation - see OP) and doesn't return any data in RQM 6.0 (based on my own tests). 

This brings me back to my original question of what schema query should be used to publish a test case's related requirements in RQM 6.0+?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.