It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

mail notification in work item by status

Neeraj Malik (23119) | asked Jan 22 '16, 12:44 a.m.
i have a requirement in which i want to send a mail to the creator of the work item when status of the work item will be approved with some text.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jan 22 '16, 2:55 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
See Due Date Notifier – an Asynchronous Task Example . You could also use a work item save server participant as described in the Rational Team Concert Extensions Workshop and send the mail after you detect the need after the save.

Comments
Neeraj Malik commented Jan 22 '16, 6:12 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for your response

I am following this mail notification document. I want to apply a If-else condition in that mail will suite to the Creator or lets say every body but only in approved state. i am working on mail templates. can we write a code there and do it.

#if($workItem.state == "Approved")
State:     ${workItem.state}
#else

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 22 '16, 7:22 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Use the Search functionality in your Eclipse client with the RTC SDK set up and search for MailTemplate and try to find out how that works. I have no code for that. I would also suggest to get it working without a template first.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.