It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Reverting back to another Baseline

V Niranjan (12545173) | asked Jan 21 '16, 9:36 a.m.
Hi

In RTC SCM I have created 2 component baselines for e.g.

Baseline 1
Baseline 2

I want to revert to Baseline 1. For this I select the component and choose Replace With > Baseline and select the Baseline 1. After this i the pending changes view I get to see Incoming  changes with the latest baseline. When I accept the contents are reverted to Baseline 2.

How do I ensure that my team works with BAseline 1 ?

Regards
Niranjan V

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jan 23 '16, 4:16 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
In order to ensure your team works with baseline1, you need to do the replace in the team stream.   So after you have done the replace operation in your workspace, you need to do a "Replace in <stream> ..." operation, to do the same replacement in the team stream.

Note that your fellow team members will need to discard any of the baseline2 change sets that they have already accepted (they will show up as "outgoing" changes in their Pending Changes view).

David Lafreniere selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Shradha Srivastav (348313) | answered Jan 21 '16, 10:02 a.m.
Hi Niranjan,

Please check if the below article answer your queries

https://jazz.net/library/article/126/#How_do_I_remove_a_change_set_fro

Regards,
Shradha

Comments
V Niranjan commented Jan 21 '16, 10:51 a.m.

Hi Shradha

Thanks. Now suppose I revert back to a earlier Baseline and feel I have to do some changes to the Baseline 1 then how do I deal with it.

Because if I do a change here when in baseline 1 and Deliver the changes then theĀ  Stream will have this change rather than change of Baseline 2.

So when I revert back to Baseline 1 and want to do changes to source code then do I deliver it to some other Stream.

Regards
Niranjan V

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.