It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to Create Role based Report in Report builder.

Naveen Tyagi (19768152) | asked Jan 20 '16, 3:10 a.m.
I have a workItem and a custom field workItem_Lead in it. I want to create a report for the work Item current user assigned as workItem_Lead but workItem_Lead is not accessible in Report builder to set the conditions jut like owned by or some other attributes. I have no idea how to make a custom attribute available in report builder. Although i have created same query in RTC and i am able to get the report for i am[current user assigned as workitem_Lead] but i need to generate different graphical view instead of just an excel format.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Feb 03 '16, 3:09 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
As you guessed, the contributor type is currently not supported by ReportBuilder. Please see:

357918: RTC custom attributes of complex type should be supported by Report Builder
or rather
376959: User would like to support complex custom attributes (i.e. of type Iteration or Work Item) and add conditions and add them as columns

This seems to include contributor as well.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Feb 03 '16, 3:15 a.m.

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 03 '16, 4:45 a.m.

Interesting enough, for some built on attributes of type contributor, the data is available.

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jan 20 '16, 4:14 a.m.
In general custom attributes are accessible by JRS. I have read that there have been issues in certain versions that might need patches in some answers in this forum.

Comments
Naveen Tyagi commented Jan 21 '16, 1:56 a.m.

Hi Ralaph,

I am using version 6.0 and able to access some other custom attributes but not what i need.

Rosa Naranjo commented Jan 27 '16, 8:25 a.m. | edited Jan 27 '16, 8:26 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The only other thing I can think of is to make sure that the DCC or Java ETL jobs have had a chance to run after you added the attribute and actually used it with workitems and assigned a value.
I don't know any other reason why it wouldn't show up.

JRS is now public on Jazz.net so you can enter a defect and provide screenshot and details.

Naveen Tyagi commented Feb 03 '16, 2:40 a.m.

Hi Rosa,
It is not accessible even after running the job. I may be wrong but what i read JRS doesn't support custom attributes type contributor

Rosa Naranjo commented Feb 03 '16, 9:41 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I would add that if you want this to be added, you should add a request to the JRS project on jazz.net as an enhancement request.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.