It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to add users in RPE remote service deployed on Tomcat

Naveen Tyagi (19768152) | asked Jan 19 '16, 6:52 a.m.
edited Jan 19 '16, 6:54 a.m.
I have download the RPE remote services, Launcher. in order to start exploration i deployed the rpeng.war in web-app folder of Tomact. After starting the server i am able to get login page.

i am using same server for RTC,DNG,RQM. If trying to login on RPE with existing  user getting failed error and it is expected since no user role mapped with RPE.

As mentioned here : http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SS6RHZ_1.2.1/com.ibm.rational.pe.install.doc/topics/t_remote_tomcat.html?lang=en

I tried to add the RPE roles in tomcat-users.xml but system is allowing to edit the file because it is used by CLM applications. Is there any other way to do this ? Thanks in advance.

2 answers

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k15) | answered Jan 20 '16, 5:15 a.m.
Please make sure that in tomcat-users.xml, you have added that user with rpe_admin role (or rpe_report_designer / rpe_user role).

Comments
Naveen Tyagi commented Jan 21 '16, 5:27 a.m.

Hi Prasad,
I have added the roles and users in tomcat-users.xml for RPE but still getting "Login-Failed" error.

permanent link
Roberto Sanchez Herrera (2862) | answered Jan 19 '16, 10:44 a.m.
Hello,
Do you mean the system is NOT allowing you to edit the files? If that is the case, have you tried shutting down tomcat and then edit the file?

Comments
Naveen Tyagi commented Jan 20 '16, 2:34 a.m.

Yes. I did many times. Anyway i will try to do it any possible way. But can you conform i am not able to login on RPE becauseĀ  there is no any user in the tomcat-users.xml for roles define for RPE ?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.