It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLM 6.0.1 How Can I Disable Theme Validation?

Nate Decker (37814161) | asked Jan 13 '16, 11:55 a.m.
edited Jan 13 '16, 1:21 p.m.

I have a theme that works great in 5.0.2. Now we are upgrading to 6.0.1 and I am trying to deploy the same theme. There seems to be some kind of validation occurring on the JavaScript which prevents me from uploading it to the application. Is there a way to disable the theme validation in 6.0.1? I know the theme works, I just need CLM to allow me to upload it.

The 6.0.1 error message that blocks me from uploading my theme says:

Error uploading theme .zip file: TypeError: doc.getElementsByTagName(...)[0] is undefined. ID CRJAZ1516E

Oddly, I do have a couple of "document.getElementById" statements in my JavaScript, but I don't have any statements that look exactly like the error message.

Has theming changed in some appreciable way in 6.X?

Edit: It sounds like this is a problem on the server side and not a problem with the theme that I am trying to upload. Stack Overflow has examples of other people who have seen the same error. It seems to be related to JavaScript trying to access a node before the node is defined. My JavaScript in my theme doesn't have that problem because it specifically catches it in a try block and retries until it succeeds. So there must be some sort of wrapper JavaScript that CLM is executing behind-the-scenes.

Comments
Donald Nong commented Jan 14 '16, 11:17 p.m.

Do you have any problems with the sample theme? Is it possible that minor problems in your JavaScript files are now exposed by CLM 6.x?

P.S. I tested the sample theme in CLM 6.0.1 and did not see any problems.
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/WebUITheming

One answer

permanent link
Nate Decker (37814161) | answered Mar 16 '16, 3:10 p.m.
I fixed this issue but never thought to come back and document how. Evidently there is an issue in 6.X where the files included in the theme cannot have a space in their file names. I removed the spaces and the theme began working again. I consider this a defect in 6.X+, but to be safe I'm going to avoid spaces in the my filenames in the future just in case.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.