It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to fetch Modified baselineHandles after a certain date using i baseline serach criteria with only modifiedafter as a search criteria.

Satyam Prateek (112) | asked Jan 12 '16, 11:44 p.m.
edited Jan 13 '16, 4:39 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
Hi All,

I have been trying to fetch modified baselineHandles after a certain date so i used IBaselineSearchCriteria my method is below

public static List<IBaselineHandle> getModifiedBaselinesAfterDate(final Date after, final ITeamRepository repository,
      final IProgressMonitor monitor) throws TeamRepositoryException {
    IBaselineSearchCriteria baselineSearchCriteria = IBaselineSearchCriteria.FACTORY.newInstance();
    baselineSearchCriteria.setModifiedAfterOptional(after);
    List<IBaselineHandle> listIBaselineHandles =
        getWorkSpaceManager(repository).findBaselines(baselineSearchCriteria, Integer.MAX_VALUE, monitor);
    if (CollectionUtils.isEmpty(listIBaselineHandles)) {
      return (Collections.EMPTY_LIST);
    }
    return listIBaselineHandles;
  }

But it fails with following exception

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException

at com.ibm.team.scm.client.internal.WorkspaceManager.findBaselines(WorkspaceManager.java:2082) ~[com.ibm.team.scm.client-5.0.2.jar:?]

So i found out that i should also set the component handle ebfore i can use the IBaseline searchcriteria for the baseline.
This is difficult to do for me as in my scenario I have a lot of components and then I would have to get all the handles and then iterate through them as I don't know which component has changed baselines which will be a performance hit . Could you please suggest some better alternative way.Thanks in advance.

One answer

permanent link
Surya Tripathi (65017) | answered Feb 03 '16, 7:12 p.m.
I think you will need to go with the alternative you have already thought about. Baselines are created for a component and therefore findBaselines() won't work without a component.
When you are searching for baselines based on a date range, and if a component does not have a baseline in that date range,  the result should be empty. If you have a list of components, running the search on each one of them and combining the result should give you the desired baselines.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.