It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to derive all workitems planned for a certain iteration through Plain Java Client Libraries?

Achla Sharma (31316) | asked Jan 11 '16, 4:57 a.m.

We are working on a scenario where we have to programmatically fetch all workitems planned for a certain iteration. Is it possible?

We tried traversing through a plan where all workitems specific to that plan(for iteration) were displayed. I am not able to replicate the same through plain java client libraries. I referred the article :

https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2015/06/11/creating-plans-with-the-plain-java-client-api/comment-page-1/

It specifies use of Iteration Plan Client to work with plans which is part of RTC SDK. I imported the library com.ibm.team.apt.common  from the SDK too but the classes do not seem to be present. I am using RTC 6.0 SDK.

Any assistance will be helpful.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jan 11 '16, 5:39 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 11 '16, 5:39 a.m.
There was never an officially supported Java API for planning. Since Planning and plan editor views are now removed from the RTC Eclipse client I am pretty sure the internal API to view plans will be removed from the Eclipse client as well, if it is not already.

The work items planned for a special iteration can be found using a query as well, by using the team area hierarchy and the iteration and its sub iterations as scope for the query.

Comments
Achla Sharma commented Jan 11 '16, 6:39 a.m.

@Ralph Thanks for your response.

Could you help me get started with the team area hierarchy as I haven't worked on this before?

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 11 '16, 7:13 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

permanent link
katherine szczech (112) | answered Jan 12 '16, 3:23 p.m.
edited Jan 12 '16, 3:58 p.m.
I was told that we don't have any supported APIs for Plans.

Moreover, you asked a question on how one can obtain the ranked value of a work item with respect to a plan.  The answer is that the ranked value is not stored but rather it is dynamically generated.  You also cannot use the Reportable REST API or OSLC to retrieve the ranking value, again, since it is not a value that is stored.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.