It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Plug-in "com.ibm.team.repository.jdbcdriver.db2" was unable to instantiate class "com.ibm.team.repository.jdbcdriver.internal.db2.Db2Provider" running repotools-qm reindex

Brett Bohnn (94111151) | asked Jan 08 '16, 5:58 p.m.
Hi,

The following is thrown attempting to run any repotools-qm command:

2016-01-08 16:23:18,879 Plug-in "com.ibm.team.repository.jdbcdriver.db2" was unable to instantiate class "com.ibm.team.repository.jdbcdriver.internal.db2.Db2Provider".
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Plug-in "com.ibm.team.repository.jdbcdriver.db2" was unable to instantiate class "com.ibm.team.repository.jdbcdriver.internal.db2.Db2Provider".
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.throwException(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:194)

And...

2016-01-08 16:23:18,885 CRJAZ1093E The "com.ibm.team.repository.jdbcdriver.internal.db2.Db2Provider" feature could not start.
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException: CRJAZ1101I Failed to create the service "com.ibm.team.repository": com.ibm.team.repository.jdbcdriver.internal.db2.Db2Provider.

Caused by: com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException: Plug-in "com.ibm.team.repository.jdbcdriver.db2" was unable to instantiate class "com.ibm.team.repository.jdbcdriver.internal.db2.Db2Provider".
    at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.registry.ExtensionServiceElementDescriptor.createImplementation(ExtensionServiceElementDescriptor.java:277)
    ... 114 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.ibm.team.repository.service.db.provider.internal.IDbProviderInfo

And...

2016-01-08 16:23:18,897 CRJAZ1093E The "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.ConnectionPoolService" feature could not start.
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException: CRJAZ1126I The service "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.ConnectionPoolService" has some invalid configuration properties.
    CRJAZ1125I The configuration property value "db2" is not valid for the property "db.vendor". The DDL provider for vendor (db2) failed to load The DDL provider for vendor (db2) failed to load

Although all repotools-qm commands fail, the RQM database is accessible when WAS starts. So the problem is specific to the JDBC driver used by repotools.

What can be done to resolve the problem with repotools0-qm logging into the RQM database?

Thanks,
Brett

2 answers

permanent link
Mallikarjuna Kandala (1061021) | answered Aug 09 '19, 5:45 a.m.

Yes, repotools -clean command helped me too.

permanent link
Brett Bohnn (94111151) | answered Jan 08 '16, 6:02 p.m.
Hi,

Running repotools-qm -clean command resolved this issue. -clean ran successfully and then all repotools-qm command ran without error.

Thanks,
Brett

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.