It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

From where can I download the OpenUP template for RTC 6.0.1?

Cliff Gardiner (921033) | asked Jan 08 '16, 7:10 a.m.

Hi all,

we use the OpenUP process template in our current implementation of CLM 4.0.7 and I am working on an upgrade to 6.0.1.  The OpenUP process template is no longer shipped with the product but we wish to continue to use it unless there's an extremely good reason not to.

I read in articles like https://jazz.net/library/article/1427 that "Templates for additional processes can be downloaded from jazz.net".  I have searched high and low but I'm stumped; can anyone point me in the right direction?

One answer

permanent link
Matt Muller (59813274) | answered Jan 08 '16, 8:01 a.m.

Hi Cliff,

I have read on the 5.0.1 Release notes:

Process templates

OpenUP and Simple Process templates removed

Customer feedback shows that the templates most used in production are the Scrum and Formal Project Management templates. Due to the lack of customer adoption, the OpenUP and Simple templates were removed in version 5.0.1 to make room for additional templates in future releases.

Any existing Rational Team Concert servers that have the OpenUP and Simple templates deployed will keep them after upgrading. Any new servers will have only the Scrum and Formal Project Management templates. The OpenUP and Simple templates are available for download on Jazz.net for customers who want to continue to use them as custom process templates.

Comments
Cliff Gardiner commented Jan 08 '16, 8:31 a.m.

Ah, but "The OpenUP and Simple templates are available for download on Jazz.net " ...

I'm damned if I can find them.  The question is where on jazz.net ...

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 08 '16, 8:40 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Cliff, I assume they were available for download in that version (like in the optional download). If you have them on your server, they will be upgraded as soon as you upgrade your server and you can use them or export them to import them into a new server.

Cliff Gardiner commented Jan 08 '16, 12:34 p.m.

Hi Ralph, thanks but I looked in the optional stuff as well as 'all downloads', searched jazz.net till I was blue in the face but found nothing.

I realise existing stuff will be upgraded but that's no use for a fresh standalone install to play with the new features.  And see how the old ones behave.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.