It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to create report for review and approval added on my name using Report builder rtc 6.0

Naveen Tyagi (19768152) | asked Jan 07 '16, 11:04 p.m.
edited Jan 08 '16, 2:29 a.m.
Hi All,

I want report for work items i am added as reviewer/approver . Any help would greatly appreciated.

2 answers

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623) | answered Jan 25 '16, 1:23 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Naveen
Have you tried exploring the Report Builder options available for this?
Notice that in the 'What's New' blog for JRS 6.0, this was mentioned: We’ve also added the ability to trace from work items to work item approvals and their corresponding approver.
https://jazz.net/blog/index.php/2015/06/22/whats-new-in-reporting-for-collaborative-lifecycle-management-6-0/

Try to duplicate this on your end using the Traceability section of the Report Builder.

Comments
Naveen Tyagi commented Jan 27 '16, 2:46 a.m.

Thanks but that didn't solve my problem.
1) I can't see All related relationship in JRS 6.0.
2) I am directly assigining approval/reviewer in RTC tasks .
3) I have created query for for current (logged in ) user added as Review/Approval in RTC tasks and added that Report in project dashboard . But i need to create graphical view as well that's not possible using RTC shared query, if i am not wrong. :)
4) I have posted one more JRS report related question but haven't got the solution. If would be great if you look into this question. here custom attribute[WorkItem_Lead] type is Contributor
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/214756/how-to-create-role-based-report-in-report-builder 

Rosa Naranjo commented Jan 27 '16, 8:57 a.m.

Do you not see this option after you select work item as the artifact type you want to work with?
Can you open a workitem in JRS project area to explore further?

Rosa Naranjo commented Jan 27 '16, 11:18 a.m.

Here are screenshots that are specific to v6.0

After you pick Related Approval, then you can add Related Approver

This resulted in a report like this:

permanent link
Albert Yao (5411322) | answered Jan 19 '20, 1:55 a.m.

Hi, Rosa,

My RTC version is 6.0.3.
I found an article: https://jazz.net/library/article/1528, though it is old and Build basis: IBM Jazz Reporting Service version 6.0.1, but there is a section in it says:
LQE-based data sources do not contain information about the following artifact types or project elements. Instead, use the data warehouse as your data source.
DOORS Next Generation: View results
QM: lab management resources
RTC: work item approval records, time sheets, and build information
Use the data warehouse even if your RTC project has friend relationships with RM and QM projects that are enabled for configurations.
If these RTC artifacts have links to RM or QM artifacts in configuration-enabled projects, these links do not resolve and your report will not contain RM or QM artifact information. The data warehouse does not contain information about configuration-enabled projects.

So is it feasible to build report about RTC work item approval records using LQE?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.