It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get the work item change history by Java API?

Jia Jia Li (8057152192) | asked Jan 07 '16, 10:12 a.m.
This question is inherited by my previous question of https://jazz.net/forum/questions/213852/how-to-get-the-work-item-changed-attribute-and-its-newold-value-for-save-work-item-operation-follow-up-action?page=1&focusedAnswerId=213941#
The requirement is to get the changed attributes when save work item. The experts suggested to get new and old Attribute value to compare. I guess the work item history may already compute the changes so I asked here again for is there any public Java API to get work item history?

I searched the source code, and found that WorkItemHistoryService has computeHistory function to get the changeLog. The computeHistory function probably retrieve all the attributes of new and old work item and then them.
But it is the internal service, I think if there is a public API to get work item history, it may reduce the replicate code work.

Any one can help?

Thanks very much!

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jan 11 '16, 3:19 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is, as far as I am aware no external interface to get the history. This iss computed in the UI and internal only. It would, by the way also not help you at all, because parsing a text file is likely to be way more work than just comparing two values you get with IWorkItem.getValue().

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.