It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Migrating to RTC 2.0 from 1.x broke most of the reports

Kim Werner (6683) | asked Aug 04 '09, 12:55 a.m.
I wanted to take advantage of the new virtual Task dashboard available in the 2.0 Scrum process template so I recently migrated to version of RTC 2.0 standard on a windows platform using a small derby database. All of the RTC 1.x project areas were using the 1.x Scrum process template. I installed the RTC 2 client and a separate Jazz 2.0 server instance under different packages and folders so that they could be isolated. I exported the Jazz 1.x repository and then navigated to the 2.0 repository and imported it. During the import the following errors occurred:

----------------------------------------------------------------
Running post import for "com.ibm.team.dashboard" component...
Unable to locate report parameters map for report id: workitems.MicroStoryPointsByIteration
Unable to locate report parameters map for report id: workitems.MicroStoryPointsByIteration
----------------------------------------------------------------

Other than the above, the migration indicated success. Now however, when I go to the prior Scrum projects, most of the reports no longer work. The reports in question are all around iterations, story points, burndowns, velocity, etc. grouped by iteration. All of these reports appear to be blank or "nothing to display". When I tried to edit the report parameters, I am unable to choose a team area (there are none shown to select from) or modify any other parameters. That could be why the reports are all blank but why wouldn't it at least show the team areas?

Thinking the report templates were bad, I navigated to the com.ibm.team.examples.reports.common folder of the Installation manager shared directory and chose the option to update the report templates (selecting all). Still was not able to successfully run any of the prior workitem reports.

I'm at a complete loss here and don't know what to do to resolve this problem.

13 answers

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Aug 06 '09, 9:48 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I think we are getting there.
If the comlexity attribute is not set, the reports will be blank.
I see the complexity attribute under:
Project Configuration/Configuration Data/Planning/Plan Attributes

permanent link
Kim Werner (6683) | answered Aug 06 '09, 11:30 p.m.
I think we are getting there.
If the comlexity attribute is not set, the reports will be blank.
I see the complexity attribute under:
Project Configuration/Configuration Data/Planning/Plan Attributes

Ok definitely getting closer. Under the higher level "Planning" I see a number of items listed as "unconfigured". They are:
    Plan attributes
    Plan items
    Plan mode
    Plan Modes
    Plan Scripts
    Plan Types

Under Plan attributes, setting the following:
    attribute = Story Points
    Ranking = Priority

Making these changes above made the velocity and story point reports work. Great. Thank you all tons for that.

Should I worry about the other 5 unconfigured items under Planning? If so, what should they be?

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Aug 07 '09, 7:13 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
One of the Planning guys should answer the question. I would suggest you create a new forum post to grab their attention.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.