It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Type of Db2 license for 10.1 FP 6

Vidya Jothiraman (3313) | asked Jan 06 '16, 6:02 a.m.
Hi

We have planned to upgrade Db2 to 10.1 FP 6 to support RTC 5.0.2 on our production RTC server

I have installed db2 10.1 fp6 (downloaded from passport advantage) But the license says its a trial license and will expire in three months. For Db2 enterprise server edition can some one help which type of license key we need to download. I looked at http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21594835

Though not able to get which exact type to download

2 answers

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Jan 06 '16, 9:35 a.m.
edited Jan 06 '16, 9:40 a.m.
I think that you'll need v10.5 of DB2 for this version of RTC, you might want to verify that !   There are [ at least ** ] two kinds of DB2 licences:

Authorized User -- This is less restrictive in that if you happen to be running DB2 on a partition with some number of CPU and you add CPUs it might break the other license type

CPU -  Based on authorizing a certain number of CPU on the machine

Either will work, but I've chosen the AU license.

db2licm -l
Product name:                     "DB2 Enterprise Server Edition"
License type:                     "Authorized User Single Install"
Expiry date:                      "***************"
Product identifier:               "db2ese"
Version information:              "10.5"
Enforcement policy:               "Soft Stop"
Number of licensed authorized users: "25"

** Looking at your reference there are several, but I think the AU is a good choice.
This says DB2 v10.1 is supported for 5.0.   

permanent link
Vidya Jothiraman (3313) | answered Jan 07 '16, 12:30 a.m.
Hi Kevin

Thanks for your reply. I verified db2 10.1 supports 5.0.2 (https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/CLMSystemRequirements50)

I had also tried installing the Authorized User single Install license key. But it says "Number of licensed authorized users: "25""

Does it mean only 25 users can connect? We have 30 dbs approx on our server.

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Jan 07 '16, 4:28 p.m.

On the server with that license installed, We have 9 database instances with 45 databases scattered amongst them.   Most of the databases also have a connection ID, although the warehouse databases use a common ID.

This 10.5 Knowledge Center section describes the distinctions between PVU and AU licenses.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.